AJC: Myles Autry decision to chose GT over FSU

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Forgive me for ranting, but some of yall sound just as entitled as the kids you are complaining about. He needs to prove something to you, a fan? Give me a break. I'm glad the kid is at GT and hope he becomes a playmaker for us. Unless you are a physical freak like Calvin, sometimes that overconfidence is a factor that tips the scales in a positive manner and allows for full potential to be reached.
It's just a way of speaking, don't over analyze it. All the players are trying to "prove" themselves in one way or another to their coaches, to the fans, to their team mates and to themselves. If you don't think that, then how can you say one critical thing about any player ever? How can any of us ever say one critical thing about anybody if we don't hold them to a certain standard of behavior or performance.

For me, this has nothing to do with performance. I wanna see all our guys represents our school with class, dignity and respect above, beyond and before any on field accomplishments. Now he hasn't done anything wrong yet, so I guess I was a little too harsh in my comments.

I just don't like where I see this heading. I hope he doesn't fulfill my premonitions, maybe that's what I should have said instead.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's just a way of speaking, don't over analyze it. All the players are trying to "prove" themselves in one way or another to their coaches, to the fans, to their team mates and to themselves. If you don't think that, then how can you say one critical thing about any player ever? How can any of us ever say one critical thing about anybody if we don't hold them to a certain standard of behavior or performance.

For me, this has nothing to do with performance. I wanna see all our guys represents our school with class, dignity and respect above, beyond and before any on field accomplishments. Now he hasn't done anything wrong yet, so I guess I was a little too harsh in my comments.

I just don't like where I see this heading. I hope he doesn't fulfill my premonitions, maybe that's what I should have said instead.

Now what you just said I understand. And, his handling of his recruitment made me nervous, as well. So while I don't think he has to prove anything to us as fans, I KNOW that he will have to prove himself to his teammates and coaches. That's just football. And everybody shakes out of that in his own way. Here's hoping Myles shakes out in the right way, and goes on to light the world on fire with the game-breaking ability he clearly has.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We can and have made a nice living off of kids spurned by the mutts. On top of those mentioned...pretty sure Keith Brooking's 1st choice was UGA. Spurned and came to Tech instead. Hated the mutts after and played like it. Griped my *** that we couldn't get a win for him in that game. Think he and Rogers both got hurt and missed all or parts of that game as juniors. Phantom interference call got us their senior season. But I digress. To Hell with Georgia!

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The biggest problem with this kid is that he is too worried about what other people think about him. Kid would always want to be very detailed about who was going after him and how hard when other reports were constantly conflicting like this one. He worries me because I know recruits like him that in the first fall camp they start smack talking and saying stuff like "I had offers from Auburn, FSU, and OSU. Who offered you?" His pride is too high but at the same time he shows humility on occasion.

He is worth the gamble though! I am still happy we signed him and I am hopeful that he will get his stuff together.

Side note: It does worry me that Dennis Andrews and his brother are his closest friends at GT but have both recently had some minor team issues/suspensions.