AJC: Myles Autry decision to chose GT over FSU

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Does Miles make anybody else uneasy with his comments? For me, at this point, he comes across as very self centered with a fairly high potential for head case. I hope I am wrong. I am glad he respects his mother to the degree he does. That is admirable. However, he seems like a kid who needs to be stroked. Am I too sensitive about this? Also, his apparent love for UGA just felt like a cheese-grater going up and down the back side of my leg. If he needs to rely on his mom to steer him away from the flea bags, will he ever really be a true JACKET through and through? My disdain for the color RED runs pretty deep (unless paired with gold, USMC) I admit. Maybe I need to cool it a little.

I think we are just getting old. It seems to be the norm now.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not worried about the comments. I just hope the kid has a strong willingness to block. I think he is the perfect "Aback" I love his elusiveness and cat quickness. He is explosive and I hope his high school skills translates well into college because then he would have the skill to be a major contributor next season in the run game.

Godhigh shiftiness with speed.
The one thing that stood out to me on his HS film was the ability to put his foot in the ground and cut. You are right, he can change direction. He will be faster than RG, but most likely not even close to being as physical.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I think we are just getting old. It seems to be the norm now.
His tone seems to be more common among the upper class of recruits these days. Sort of overconfidence and conceitedness. What these guys need to realize is that there is a very small chance that they are going to make it to the NFL. Might be a little bit of a higher chance than the other guys, but it is still not likely. Work your butt off and take every opportunity you can to increase your stock.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Morgan Burnett was a UGA fan growing up. His brother Cap played there. Because UGA slow played him for better prospects at DB, he eventually came to GT.

I think it's a pretty well known story that Dwyer wanted to go to UGA but UGA wanted all everything (at the time) Caleb King instead.

Both of those stories ended well for us.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I thought it was known that he didn't have a commitable offer from FSU...and if he did, he would have went there instead. From reports, it sounded like he overplayed his hand with a lot of schools and almost overplayed his hand with GT.

He's GT now, so obviously he I hope he puts all that behind him. I just want to see him take the AB position to the next level from where Godhigh left it.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was known that he didn't have a commitable offer from FSU...and if he did, he would have went there instead. From reports, it sounded like he overplayed his hand with a lot of schools and almost overplayed his hand with GT.

He's GT now, so obviously he I hope he puts all that behind him. I just want to see him take the AB position to the next level from where Godhigh left it.
You really think he would have gone to FSU? Would Momma have signed the LOI?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Agreed, not an earth-shattering revelation to those who followed his recruitment intently. I mainly posted the article for those who may have only read the Carvell Q&A or took the Scout/Rivals/247 profile at face value.

thwgjacket

Yeah he would have been FSU if they really wanted him....or really any other major school. He wasn't a take for Tech for awhile.
How much had to do with his knee? His Jr year it seemed like everyone loved him then after the injury it seemed like the recruiting fell off. Had he stayed healthy the entire time would this have been a different story?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
How much had to do with his knee? His Jr year it seemed like everyone loved him then after the injury it seemed like the recruiting fell off. Had he stayed healthy the entire time would this have been a different story?

It had all of the world to do with it...schools slow played him to see how he looked when he returned...he rushed back too early and was awful for the major part of the season...which scared the big factories off. He then sit out a few weeks and really let himself heal...when he came back you seen what he showed in the state championship game. We just have to hope that's the Myles we get...he's worth the gamble though IMO.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The fact that he pretended to have a commitable offer to the Criminoles this far after the fact screams of immaturity, self promotion and prima donna attitude. Looks like Boomer's impression is on the money. Myles has a lot to prove to this GT fan. smh.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
The fact that he pretended to have a commitable offer to the Criminoles this far after the fact screams of immaturity, self promotion and prima donna attitude. Looks like Boomer's impression is on the money. Myles has a lot to prove to this GT fan. smh.

There's always a lot going on behind the scenes...but with Myles it was one of the craziest one's I have followed.

Fwiw, FSU strung Myles along pretty well and he very well may have thought that he did have a offer from them...Charles Kelly was pushing for FSU to take him.

All in all he's a Jacket now and I hope things work out...although I think he is definitely one we will have to keep a close eye on.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does Miles make anybody else uneasy with his comments? For me, at this point, he comes across as very self centered with a fairly high potential for head case. I hope I am wrong. I am glad he respects his mother to the degree he does. That is admirable. However, he seems like a kid who needs to be stroked. Am I too sensitive about this? Also, his apparent love for UGA just felt like a cheese-grater going up and down the back side of my leg. If he needs to rely on his mom to steer him away from the flea bags, will he ever really be a true JACKET through and through? My disdain for the color RED runs pretty deep (unless paired with gold, USMC) I admit. Maybe I need to cool it a little.
My apologies to the young man. Obviously I misspelled his name in this post.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

FWIW, I don't think he has to prove anything to GT fans. Plenty of guys have come in as prima donnas and gone out as all-timers. Plenty have come in as unheralded good guys and gone out as cancers-to-the-team. I'm sure that in the days before Twitter took such an active role in recruiting there were plenty of both that we never knew about.

Unless the kid just doesn't love football, I'm sure he'll come in and try to win a spot and help the team win. He's obviously talented enough to believe he might have a shot at the NFL one day, so then only way to make it there is to play, and play well. If he does that, I'll be fine with him. He may have wanted to go to Free Seafood U the whole time. I don't care. He's here now, with his brother, who played as a true frosh, and where his mama wanted him all along. So that makes me glad.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of us are born hating uga. Others, especially those with uga family or friends, come to it more slowly. Which hates runs deeper? Maybe the slow hate because it is like being betrayed.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Some of us are born hating uga. Others, especially those with uga family or friends, come to it more slowly. Which hates runs deeper? Maybe the slow hate because it is like being betrayed.

You know what they say, "Hell hath no fury like a {football player} scorned!"

Myles can take it out on FSU when we play them in the ACCCG and UGA annually.

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
Forgive me for ranting, but some of yall sound just as entitled as the kids you are complaining about. He needs to prove something to you, a fan? Give me a break. I'm glad the kid is at GT and hope he becomes a playmaker for us. Unless you are a physical freak like Calvin, sometimes that overconfidence is a factor that tips the scales in a positive manner and allows for full potential to be reached.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Forgive me for ranting, but some of yall sound just as entitled as the kids you are complaining about. He needs to prove something to you, a fan? Give me a break. I'm glad the kid is at GT and hope he becomes a playmaker for us. Unless you are a physical freak like Calvin, sometimes that overconfidence is a factor that tips the scales in a positive manner and allows for full potential to be reached.

Apparently some people in this thread are mind readers and expert teenage psychologists.