AJC: Myles Autry decision to chose GT over FSU

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hope he finds his decision to be rewarding to himself as well as his family. Some will say he should only have gone where he wanted to go despite other family considerations. I for one appreciate those who focus on family values. Becoming a rare breed in our society now. I bet his mom really smiles once they obtain their respective degrees.

thwgjacket

Hope he finds his decision to be rewarding to himself as well as his family. Some will say he should only have gone where he wanted to go despite other family considerations. I for one appreciate those who focus on family values. Becoming a rare breed in our society now. I bet his mom really smiles once they obtain their respective degrees.
I'm with you, except for Tuitt. Gah Dang his mama.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
How much negative recruiting was out there? “There was a lot. UGA did that a little bit. Even Tech did it. The only school I can say that didn’t talk about other schools was Florida State. They didn’t say anything bad about anybody. But everybody else said stuff about each other. It was crazy.

so now paul can't complain about negative recruiting i guess?

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
How much negative recruiting was out there? “There was a lot. UGA did that a little bit. Even Tech did it. The only school I can say that didn’t talk about other schools was Florida State. They didn’t say anything bad about anybody. But everybody else said stuff about each other. It was crazy.

I hope he does negative recruit, as long as he's telling these recruits the truth. Tell them about all the ugag washouts and Bama, Tenn, etc oversignings and subsequent dropout rates from the football program. Tell them about the garbage degrees they're going to pressure you into like Leisure Studies and how they just want 4 years of football from you and you won't get jacksquat in return for the rest of your life. They don't give a rip about your education or any life beyond football. Tell them how recruits that fall for that garbage are the biggest suckers out there and not to be one of the masses. I absolutely hope he negative recruits. It's called giving the recruits the truth so that they can make the most informed decision.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

CPJ doesn't complain about it. Carvel did a piece on it about a week ago.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I hope he does negative recruit, as long as he's telling these recruits the truth. Tell them about all the ugag washouts and Bama, Tenn, etc oversignings and subsequent dropout rates from the football program. Tell them about the garbage degrees they're going to pressure you into like Leisure Studies and how they just want 4 years of football from you and you won't get jacksquat in return for the rest of your life. They don't give a rip about your education or any life beyond football. Tell them how recruits that fall for that garbage are the biggest suckers out there and not to be one of the masses. I absolutely hope he negative recruits. It's called giving the recruits the truth so that they can make the most informed decision.

I like the idea of taking the high road and such, however, that doesn't mean you just stand idly by and let your competitors pile dirt on you. Nothing wrong with providing the ugly truth which, in my opinion, isn't negative recruiting. It's simply providing the full scope.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What about the chatter that you and your teammate, Lorenzo Carter (who signed with UGA), were a package deal early in the recruiting process?

“When he first got to Norcross (as a junior), it was funny. We were talking about going to Georgia Tech together when they first offered him. We talked about playing at Georgia Tech together. But that didn’t work out because we both had to make the best decision for ourselves.”

What? *tear*

I've always thought GT should play up the "Reppin the city and bringing home a national title with your Metro Atlanta teammates" more.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

That's the philosophy James Franklin has. If it's the truth, and he can back it up with data, it's not negative recruiting because the recruit can do the research himself. Of course, as we know from this board, data has some grey areas.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
While his highlights are much more tame this year than last I think whoever he has worked with in rehab and probably other training has helped his running ability immensely:

He's no longer leaving his knees out in the open, he'll get faster and last longer this way

alaguy

Helluva Engineer

I think the 2 super Ga running backs from '12 have left Ala.K Drake and ?.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does Miles make anybody else uneasy with his comments? For me, at this point, he comes across as very self centered with a fairly high potential for head case. I hope I am wrong. I am glad he respects his mother to the degree he does. That is admirable. However, he seems like a kid who needs to be stroked. Am I too sensitive about this? Also, his apparent love for UGA just felt like a cheese-grater going up and down the back side of my leg. If he needs to rely on his mom to steer him away from the flea bags, will he ever really be a true JACKET through and through? My disdain for the color RED runs pretty deep (unless paired with gold, USMC) I admit. Maybe I need to cool it a little.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

personally i prefer that we didnt do that type of thing. if anything i would be ok with 'implied' negative recruiting such as...

" how many schools are graduating 100% of their recruiting class while getting real degrees? we dont do phy ed etc at gt. we dont do leisure studies at gt. we care about the our players life after football. while many school do that type of thing we 'try' to do what is best for our sa's."

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I am glad he respects his mother to the degree he does. That is admirable. However, he seems like a kid who needs to be stroked.
I'm all about doing what you can to make the moms happy but I also worry down the line, if things don't happen as expected, that they'll start to have resentment as well as have someone to blame except themselves. So I would have much preferred if Myles said he picked GT because he liked it and wanted to be here. But, I also think he's got the ability to do great things no matter where he's at so regardless of all that, I hope Myles will do great things at Tech.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Does Miles make anybody else uneasy with his comments? For me, at this point, he comes across as very self centered with a fairly high potential for head case. I hope I am wrong. I am glad he respects his mother to the degree he does. That is admirable. However, he seems like a kid who needs to be stroked. Am I too sensitive about this? Also, his apparent love for UGA just felt like a cheese-grater going up and down the back side of my leg. If he needs to rely on his mom to steer him away from the flea bags, will he ever really be a true JACKET through and through? My disdain for the color RED runs pretty deep (unless paired with gold, USMC) I admit. Maybe I need to cool it a little.

I would assume that most players that come to GT, don't hate UGA. When Myles runs out on to that field the Saturday after Thanksgiving and every inbred, redneck and numbskull shouts things about him and his beloved mother, I GUARANTEE he'll hate their guts then.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I'm not worried about the comments. I just hope the kid has a strong willingness to block. I think he is the perfect "Aback" I love his elusiveness and cat quickness. He is explosive and I hope his high school skills translates well into college because then he would have the skill to be a major contributor next season in the run game.

Godhigh shiftiness with speed.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I'm not worried about the comments. I just hope the kid has a strong willingness to block. I think he is the perfect "Aback" I love his elusiveness and cat quickness. He is explosive and I hope his high school skills translates well into college because then he would have the skill to be a major contributor next season in the run game.

Godhigh shiftiness with speed.
If he's like his brother, he will have that strong willingness to block. That's one thing that got Anthony on the field as a true frosh - his tenacity in blocking.

I think he'll be a little like Bostic but a more natural runner. I'd love for him to be like Godhigh, but he'll have to show elite balance and ability to break tackles before he gets in his category.