AJC: MBS series financial details

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I've had season tickets for 13 years. While not a long time compared to many others here, it is long enough to have seen the ups and downs of GT football. I don't see how anyone can be a fan and post such consistently negative opinions of the program and what is being done to improve our market awareness, financial health, recruiting and, ultimately, results.

The tone of the posts is so devoid of hope, optimism, or fair-mindedness that I legitimately question their purpose. I would expect a GT fan to go on another team's board and crap all over their plans, but not to do it here for a team they profess to support.

If CGC came in and changed nothing from the CPJ years, most would say he is not moving the program forward or doing enough to make us relevant. Is there some "Goldilocks" level of innovation that CGC can implement that would please you and Animal? If so, can you describe what it looks like?

And again you conflate CPJ and CGC into the debate and question motives etc. The discussion is about moving games to MBS. Not coaches or XsOs. Why are you trying so hard to make it about things it’s not about?

This was a Tstan move. (Maybe pushes by CGC I dunno but Tstan pulled the trigger and it was his call) Not a good one imo. But we do need cash. So maybe one day I’ll see the worth if that money gets pumped back into the program in a meaningful way and begins to make us competitive for a change.

Even if it does it won’t make watching Tech ND at MBS instead of BDS particularly palatable for me.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Commmmmeee on, man. You were incessantly trolling the Key thread with the same stuff over and over. Lol

Go back and re-read it dude. 98% of my comments about Key were responses to being quoted or replied to. Prove me wrong.

And yes I still stand by my stance on Key. Does it make you happy to hear it again since you keep bringing it up? :D

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Go back and re-read it dude. 98% of my comments about Key were responses to being quoted or replied to. Prove me wrong.

And yes I still stand by my stance on Key. Does it make you happy to hear it again since you keep bringing it up? :D

Yeah, no. We have taken this far enough off topic, as is. You are the type, as my mom would say, who would "argue with a sign post" I will happily disengage from this because it is pontless and exhausting to everyone, I am sure.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Please clearly express your opinion rather than calling out other posters on this message board as trolls. It reflects poorly upon your character, unless you are, indeed, just delusional. ;)
You're right. I should not have insinuated that he (or she) was a troll. I was just frustrated that day and used their post as an excuse to release some frustration. I apologize to whomever was offended by my post. I will exercise more caution in the future.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
And again you conflate CPJ and CGC into the debate and question motives etc. The discussion is about moving games to MBS. Not coaches or XsOs. Why are you trying so hard to make it about things it’s not about?

This was a Tstan move. (Maybe pushes by CGC I dunno but Tstan pulled the trigger and it was his call) Not a good one imo. But we do need cash. So maybe one day I’ll see the worth if that money gets pumped back into the program in a meaningful way and begins to make us competitive for a change.

Even if it does it won’t make watching Tech ND at MBS instead of BDS particularly palatable for me.

Fair enough. My only comment about the MBS move is that I was at the Tennessee game and the atmosphere was fantastic. I'm sure it would have been great at Bobby Dodd, too. I look at the move as a way to elevate our status in the city and the state (beyond that level will take some serious winning) so I have no issue with it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough. My only comment about the MBS move is that I was at the Tennessee game and the atmosphere was fantastic. I'm sure it would have been great at Bobby Dodd, too. I look at the move as a way to elevate our status in the city and the state (beyond that level will take some serious winning) so I have no issue with it.
The purpose is to go around the Atlanta gt alumni that have not bought season tickets. This will introduce our football team to business in Atl who will look at our ticket prices as chicken feed for business devlopment.

My engr company had season tickets for the houston oilers during bum philips and earl cambell , then the oilers went to Tennessee. When they came back my company was way bigger but the Tickets were """"tremendously """higher ( luckily i had buddies w sky boxes) . I bought baylor season tickets and kept buying them till the terrible sex scandal.

I hope the ATL get on board. !

Lots of IFS but with some good fortune ghis will sell tickets at bds. Great stadium (except for bench seats) if its full of screaming gt fans.

Animal02

Banned
Fact is that the Tenn game was a "one off". It would not have happened without it being a kick off game and the stadium being brand new. Every one of the games scheduled to be played and MB would have happened regardless, so the special factor is not there. The stadium is no longer new, another lost special factor. Giving up the home field advantage, another loss. If the stadium looks more like a ND home game, it will not elevate our status.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Fact is that the Tenn game was a "one off". It would not have happened without it being a kick off game and the stadium being brand new. Every one of the games scheduled to be played and MB would have happened regardless, so the special factor is not there. The stadium is no longer new, another lost special factor. Giving up the home field advantage, another loss. If the stadium looks more like a ND home game, it will not elevate our status.
You are right in many ways

No need to debate this distant future event. We will see how it plays out

To bad you and i weren't contacted.

Thank u
No need for futher posts.