AJC Article - With assistants’ help, Moses Wright made himself into ACC’s top player

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I think you can put it in permanent marker: If you come to GT, and you're the starting center under Reveno, you're gonna get some awards and you're gonna be a BAMF before you leave.

Also, if you think of Moses's upside in terms of the pros (NBA specifically), Wilkins pretty much put it best. He's shown new basketball skillsets every year, and a better understanding of the game. Moses is still young in terms of basketball experience. Remember how good he was the last half of last season, he's shown a growth rate this year that's just as impressive. One of the best things to happen to Moses is getting smacked by reality his freshmen season that you have to put in the work or else you're a bum. You have to think about how high his ceiling can be in the pros without the responsibilities of being a GT student.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
People should remember this when they’re deciding if and how much to donate to our men’s basketball program. We are going to need to open the check book to keep Wilkins, Schwartz and Reveno.

Beware the folly of CPH who lost his assistances and swagger. This group coaches well as a unit and fits each other’s weak areas. Would love to have at least a few more years with the band together.

I just sent what I could today (beyond our normal annual contribution) and earmarked it for the MBB program.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer

I think you can put it in permanent marker: If you come to GT, and you're the starting center under Reveno, you're gonna get some awards and you're gonna be a BAMF before you leave.

Also, if you think of Moses's upside in terms of the pros (NBA specifically), Wilkins pretty much put it best. He's shown new basketball skillsets every year, and a better understanding of the game. Moses is still young in terms of basketball experience. Remember how good he was the last half of last season, he's shown a growth rate this year that's just as impressive. One of the best things to happen to Moses is getting smacked by reality his freshmen season that you have to put in the work or else you're a bum. You have to think about how high his ceiling can be in the pros without the responsibilities of being a GT student.

Great reply!!!