AJC Article - Pastner Tries Unheard of Plan

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if these things will be definitive or not. As another example or way forward, Baylor's coach tested positive but because no one else tested positive he is isolating but the team is going forward into next week's games with no other issue. Point being it seems they are going on testing rather than any sort of fancy contact tracing mechanism.

Deleted member 2897

Not sure if these things will be definitive or not. As another example or way forward, Baylor's coach tested positive but because no one else tested positive he is isolating but the team is going forward into next week's games with no other issue. Point being it seems they are going on testing rather than any sort of fancy contact tracing mechanism.

Yea, if we’re going to be testing these guys two three and four times per week, there has to be some benefit and reward for that. Meaning if you continue to test negative, you should be allowed to play. Absent of course certain caveats - like if you’ve been in close contact with someone for an extended period of time, you probably should give it a few days to see if you test positive. This GPS technology gives people a framework for such decisions so it doesn’t seem so arbitrary and open to manipulation.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Forgot to add, there also wasn't any automatic 2 week time out for Baylor so I am not sure if that "guideline" or "suggestion" from the NCAA about a 2 week time out is real or not.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Another data point: Syracuse hasn't practiced since Boeheim's positive test. One other player tested positive at the same time. Their first game is this Friday.

Deleted member 2897

For what its worth, I just watched Duke's post game press conference after we ripped them a new butthole Saturday. Coach Cutcliffe said due to covid concerns and injury issues, he felt they were so thin that for the last couple of weeks they played no scrimmages and no contact in practices. He said he felt like their energy and brains and execution was good, but that he could tell finishing plays was off and he felt like that was a direct result of that approach.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
At least it didn’t take to the end of December like last year to figure out we needed to make a material change.

I’m looking forward to when we come into a season without the need for a total overhaul before conference play.

/

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
Shocker! Gosh man, I’ve been positive about Pastner to this point, but this was one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen a coach in any sport at any level make. Given what we are headed into it could have ruined our season.
“20-20” hindsight is easy for us. With all the craziness with cancelled football games, how can we really blame him for him for overreacting? But, you’re right - it was obviously a mistake watching those first 2 games!!

GT_EE78

Banned
“20-20” hindsight is easy for us. With all the craziness with cancelled football games, how can we really blame him for him for overreacting? But, you’re right - it was obviously a mistake watching those first 2 games!!
That's easy.read the postgame threads!

We didn't have a lot of margin for getting to the NCAAT.
CJP has his work to dig out for himself
I just hope it's not too little, too late.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Getting some ridicule on Barstool

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog...out-to-be-a-****ty-idea-thats-not-working-out

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I here you ..... however it's a recurring problem covid or nocovid. Last year's team wasn't ready to play early in the year nor were we ready the year before. The same old song and dance gets old after awhile. His teams always playing catchup.