AJC article on philpott

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is a player who probably captured a little less of our collective attention than some others. But, won't it be fun to see how he comes along? Yet another reason why I believe our staff found a lot of value in this particular class.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He's a huge get for this offense. Summers is supposed to be a burner as well but he rarely gets the rock.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He's a huge get for this offense. Summers is supposed to be a burner as well but he rarely gets the rock.

Let's just suppose that JET gets highly accurate at the long sideline pass (like baylor qbs). On short yardage 2,3 down.
I think we are adding speed at wr and ab for a reason

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hard to believe we had to settle for someone that couldn't qualify for the Nationals. ;)

" He holds the school records in both events (21.45 and 48.17). His 200 time is .01 second slower than the qualifying time for USA Track and Field’s junior nationals."

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
By the time the season rolls around, he will be almost the same size as Bebe. Hopefully he picks up the offense quickly.

Maybe it's just writer's smoke being blown, but I love the fact that every single one of these kids has made gains getting stronger and heavier in the offseason. This class is certainly not lacking size and speed. It's going to be fun watching this group the next 4-5 years.

Gtech24

Jolly Good Fellow
By the time the season rolls around, he will be almost the same size as Bebe. Hopefully he picks up the offense quickly.

Maybe it's just writer's smoke being blown, but I love the fact that every single one of these kids has made gains getting stronger and heavier in the offseason. This class is certainly not lacking size and speed. It's going to be fun watching this group the next 4-5 years.
I agree and I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with how much of an impact some of these guys have this season. I think Freeman was the biggest surprise from last years class. No one could have predicted the season he would have and I think that will be true for some of the freshmen his year. I could see Philpott being one of these players that makes a big impact. on the defensive side I could see victor Alexander being that influential freshman. Should be fun to watch how these players develop.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Its Stephen Hill with hands.

Attachments

• B7M6XEaCYAAyAf5.png
    B7M6XEaCYAAyAf5.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 51

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
This is a player who probably captured a little less of our collective attention than some others. But, won't it be fun to see how he comes along? Yet another reason why I believe our staff found a lot of value in this particular class.
I don't know dude. He sure captured my attention. This guy, Cottrell, Bryan, and St. Amour are all guys I am SUPER geeked about.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Ho hum... Another in a long line of Georgia Tech / NFL Prototype Wide Receivers who like to block and has speed even the SEC would envy.

Er... I meant: WooooooooooHooooooooooo!!!

Is it September yet? Can we just skip over August??

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't know dude. He sure captured my attention. This guy, Cottrell, Bryan, and St. Amour are all guys I am SUPER geeked about.

Agree. I said it during the whole Brandon Singleton drama...Singleton isn't the WR recruit GT needs to be worried about, Philpott is THE WR that GT really needed. This guy's upside is phenomenal for our offense, and it's surprising more big name schools didn't pull out the stops to get him to flip. Guys this size, with his speed and ball skills are not easy to find. I think UF tried to towards the end, but Philpott pretty much shutdown recruiting when he committed (love that about him).

IMO, he's our top offensive recruit for the 2015 class. I know BB was a big need and we got some good ones there, but from a pure physical talent standpoint, Philpott has the potential to be a Demaryius Thomas level star for us at the WR position.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you completely. I never suggested that none of you had mentioned him. We all had at times. Only that--when one steps back and looks at the big picture--comparatively speaking Vic, Marshall, Anree, etc. got more of the buzz.