AJ Gray and Jake Stickler medical redshirts

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The loss of AJ is a real loss for the team. This kid was a player. He punished people when he hit them. How did a heart condition go so long without being detected. We had another kid -forgot his name that was a legacy-with some sort of heart condition that transferred and then played elsewhere. Not saying AJ should play but this is a big loss for our D. This is a bummer. Stickler proved he could play last year. Sorry to lose him too. Glad they will stay and graduate.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
As CPJ said, health especially a heart condition trump's football. Hate it for both guys but you better believe both guys are probably damn glad they chose GT and will get a GT degree to move forward with.
As for how this effects our D, safety is probably where we have the most raw talent on the team. I actually think AJ was not fast enough for safety and would have been moved to lb. You will see that Woody wants speed everywhere. I'm not worried at all about the D.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Very disappointed by this news and I can't imagine how these guys feel. I had to quit baseball because of an injury, but that was only high school and I know that I didn't put in the hours that these two did. From a football standpoint, these were the two positions that we probably have the most depth at especially if DeFoor is declared eligible.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
What has knocked him out is a heart problem, not any kind of injury
I probably need to simmer down a little bit.

I thought you were questioning his toughness there for a minute, and I was getting ready to go ballistic.

But yeah, you don't mess around with heart issues. That kid has a long life in front of them and football is a very small part of it.

Good on them for getting a quality degree, and I'm rooting for both of them for the rest of their lives.

I probably need to simmer down a little bit.

I thought you were questioning his toughness there for a minute, and I was getting ready to go ballistic.

But yeah, you don't mess around with heart issues. That kid has a long life in front of them and football is a very small part of it.

Good on them for getting a quality degree, and I'm rooting for both of them for the rest of their lives.
I was in no way questioning his toughness. If it were up to him, he would probably play anyway in spite of the heart condition. That's how tough he is. Really feel for him.

The photo in Ken's article about A.J. and Jake says it all ----

112716%20uga%20tech%20photos%20HS038.jpg

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Am I the only one not worried about our defense? I just have a feeling we are gonna ball on defense this year

I have a strong sense of potential this year on defense. That said I am sorry for AJ. He obviously had a ton of ability that we won’t get to see now. Health (as mentioned) trumps football.

I hope he continues his degree at GT and enjoys the rest of the GT experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk