Ahmarean brown has entered the transfer portal

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This article quotes him (slightly) differently, but it makes a lot more sense and is much less of a dig at Tech. The first article cut out the bolded parts. Which is just terrible journalism:

Going into the portal I wanted to go somewhere that would get me to the NFL,” Brown explained in his first meeting with the South Carolina media. "I always knew the SEC would probably be the route for me, whether that was coming out of high school or with things going on at Georgia Tech. Me being prepared to get to my goal I always thought the SEC was the route after deciding to transfer."

Unbelievable

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
This article quotes him (slightly) differently, but it makes a lot more sense and is much less of a dig at Tech. The first article cut out the bolded parts. Which is just terrible journalism:

Going into the portal I wanted to go somewhere that would get me to the NFL,” Brown explained in his first meeting with the South Carolina media. "I always knew the SEC would probably be the route for me, whether that was coming out of high school or with things going on at Georgia Tech. Me being prepared to get to my goal I always thought the SEC was the route after deciding to transfer."

Unbelievable
Wow, what a difference just a few words make.

But really though, I could also understand his thought process. Play for p'nut or play for the man who has been putting out crazy offenses at Oklahoma. If his goal is the NFL, it seems like a sound decision.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I think Lincoln Riley is the architect behind the Oklahoma offense, not Shane
Shane Beamer had as much to do with establishing the OU offense as I did. Riley was running it 2 years before Beamer got there.
Good points, but he must have picked something up from his time there.

And it wasn't like he was just a symbolic coach, he did have play calling duties. For an offense to be as explosive as their's had been, he must know what plays to run and when. He was also known for coming up with plays on the fly to the advantage of what he saw from defenses during the game.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Good points, but he must have picked something up from his time there.

And it wasn't like he was just a symbolic coach, he did have play calling duties. For an offense to be as explosive as their's had been, he must know what plays to run and when. He was also known for coming up with plays on the fly to the advantage of what he saw from defenses during the game.
Beam isn't going to have the same players as he did in Oklahoma. He is in for a rude awakening.

So this is a perfect example of when I define that we need to scheme. CDP, I guess with the approval of CGC, has decided to run vanilla shotgun spread, aka Texas High school, which he calls pro style. Drop back passing or simple gives to the running back to find a hole. Thus our offense is anemic. You have a guy like Brown that is a weapon. You find ways to get him the ball. Pick routes or run him as a flanker on a jet sweep, or a trailing back on an option. CRF did this with Dez White. Same as we should move Tobias back to offense and use him. Read what he said, he wants to get to the NFL and Tech aint the place. Now, he is forgetting the value of his degree but frankly we need our offense to scheme so that we win games. If winning means Brown runs a few speed sweeps, a non NFL look, then it helps him and us.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So this is a perfect example of when I define that we need to scheme. CDP, I guess with the approval of CGC, has decided to run vanilla shotgun spread, aka Texas High school, which he calls pro style. Drop back passing or simple gives to the running back to find a hole. Thus our offense is anemic. You have a guy like Brown that is a weapon. You find ways to get him the ball. Pick routes or run him as a flanker on a jet sweep, or a trailing back on an option. CRF did this with Dez White. Same as we should move Tobias back to offense and use him. Read what he said, he wants to get to the NFL and Tech aint the place. Now, he is forgetting the value of his degree but frankly we need our offense to scheme so that we win games. If winning means Brown runs a few speed sweeps, a non NFL look, then it helps him and us.
We literally did all of those things. Not a lot, but we did them.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Serious question but did you actually watch the games. We did everything you pointed out. The problem for AB was he only wants to run deep patterns. He short-armed a number of balls over the middle and spent half the year hurt. He’s not going to be in the NFL no matter where he goes.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Maybe, but be honest, who would you rather play for, beamer or CDP? (Given their recent offensive outputs as coach).
It's more than CDP. Who gives me the best chance to win. Who develops me spec wise.

I'd take the training staff and Combo of Collins, Key, and Choice any day. CDP isn't horrible. We have not had the right players for the job. We really still don't on offense. We need about 3 more Gibbs lol.

SC is going to be in the same boat we were the past 2 years. I doubt they win more than 5 games this year.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

You bring this up in almost every thread and sound ill-informed every time. Didn’t AB just watch his teammate Tyler Davis get drafted and will see Jalen Camp get drafted?

You bring this up in almost every thread and sound ill-informed every time. Didn’t AB just watch his teammate Tyler Davis get drafted and will see Jalen Camp get drafted?
I bring it up because it is fact. Our offense under CDP is horrendous. Davis was drafted because of what he did at UConn. He was barely used at Tech. Camp has 4 years of all kind of production and is a physical specimen. Nothing to do with current staff and play calling.

AB leaving was not a good thing, no matter how many seem to not care. He was a proven weapon, unlike what we have now.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I bring it up because it is fact. Our offense under CDP is horrendous. Davis was drafted because of what he did at UConn. He was barely used at Tech. Camp has 4 years of all kind of production and is a physical specimen. Nothing to do with current staff and play calling.

AB leaving was not a good thing, no matter how many seem to not care. He was a proven weapon, unlike what we have now.
This staff is a big part why Camp will be drafted and our staff’s play calling. He had his best season in 4 years under our staff (2020). The others 3 years didn’t even have over 200 yards or over 2 touchdowns in any of the previous years. So yes the staff has a lot to do with camp.