Ahmarean brown has entered the transfer portal

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Who said anything about full support? If they wanted to transfer I would not publicly bash them. I am not happy that AB is transferring. But I am also mature enough not to need to bad mouth him about it.

If one of those guys transferred, Collins is the one who would get bashed.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Or this is a Jahmyr Gibbs issue. Somebody else became the centerpiece of the offense, and he didn't like it.

Gibbs looked the high 4 star part in his playing time this year.
Ding ding ding. I think this one is a winner. I also think he realized his skill set would be an asset not a focus on the team anymore.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it, but in 2 years we won't even remember this. He doesn't have a QB at SC, he basically is getting the same type of HC in Collins at SC. He is also going to a team that will have equal or lesser talent across the board than GT.

I respect his decision. It just seems odd to be sold on the Kool-aid at SC. Miss State? Ole Miss? Sure. SC? No.

He would of fit in perfectly at Miss State in their air raid.

Deleted member 2897

I hate to say it, but in 2 years we won't even remember this. He doesn't have a QB at SC, he basically is getting the same type of HC in Collins at SC. He is also going to a team that will have equal or lesser talent across the board than GT.

I respect his decision. It just seems odd to be sold on the Kool-aid at SC. Miss State? Ole Miss? Sure. SC? No.

My guess is there is something else going on we don’t know about and not just playing time.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

Luke Doty will probably be fine for SC next year. A top 100 recruit who showed promise in his limited playing time. Assuming Bobo can hang on to Stockton then you have another top recruit coming in as well the year after that. They will be fine at QB.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Of course not. We didn’t just fire everybody on staff. LOL.

In the W-L column there's a hair's breadth of difference. I mean, CGC preached worlds biggest transformation ever then promptly came in and went 3-9 with a loss to the Citadel. 2019 was a dumpster fire for GT yet we viewed incoming transfers as guys figuring they could help out. I think we should give the same grace to AB. USC(e) has money and sells out their stadium routinely. If Beamer is half as good as his dad, he'll find some success there.

Deleted member 2897

In the W-L column there's a hair's breadth of difference. I mean, CGC preached worlds biggest transformation ever then promptly came in and went 3-9 with a loss to the Citadel. 2019 was a dumpster fire for GT yet we viewed incoming transfers as guys figuring they could help out. I think we should give the same grace to AB. USC(e) has money and sells out their stadium routinely. If Beamer is half as good as his dad, he'll find some success there.

I mean, comparing a program who fired their entire coaching staff due to consistent bad performance issues to a guy that retired from a Hall of fame coaching career is quite the stretch. You’re absolutely correct that Beamer. could turn out great. But it’s year 1 and he only has 3 years to turn it around.

Last edited by a moderator:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I think we are still way ahead in terms of what we have lost and gained in the portal, but it's naive to think it won't bite us from time to time. No ill will.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
deer popcorn GIF

Off season & Swarm football threads.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I mean, comparing a program who fired their entire coaching staff due to consistent bad performance issues to a guy that retired from a Hall of fame coaching career is quite the stretch. You’re absolutely correct that Beamer. could turn out great. But it’s year 1 and he only has 3 years to turn it around.

Why a program is a dumpster fire matters not. In either instance, a recruit is entering a situation where there is not a lot of assurance but with the possibility of a fresh start in a "new" system.