After watching JaxST game and the USF Bulls

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Offenses start off slow. Both JaxST and the USF Bulls had slow offensive starts. Both got their act together after the 1st quarter.

I hope GT's offense starts off clicking, but I can see the offense needing a few series to warm up.

Don't jump off buildings if the first two drives have issues. Give the team some time to get the juices flowing.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Offenses start off slow. Both JaxST and the USF Bulls had slow offensive starts. Both got their act together after the 1st quarter.

I hope GT's offense starts off clicking, but I can see the offense needing a few series to warm up.

Don't jump off buildings if the first two drives have issues. Give the team some time to get the juices flowing.
So if it's 3 or 4 offense starts then it's Ok ? :)

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't we play UCF not USF. Jacksonville has a great running back, but not much else on offense. They have a really good Dlineman as well.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT plays UCF... but USF was on last night and had a slow start down 16 to 0 in the 1st Q. GT does play USF in the next few years.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The range of what could be said is as great as I can remember.
Exuberant

We own the SEC EAST.

Wonder when coach will sub a qb.

I even know their punters number and name.

Sanguine
If they fumble a hand off one more time, we could build OUR get an easy score. Two field goals in 2 minutes . That would be cool.
Lunch at mary max tea room was great. Still taste the collards.

DESPERATE
I can't stand going back to the omni with those drunk Vols. Shouldnt have run my mouth.

If we beat wf, Shrevport here we come!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Why do I do I post... This is not about GT vs JaxST or UCF... it is about offenses needing to get going after being off all season.

IMO due to our scrimages and practice regimen favoring our specialized offense , our conservative defense will be slow to become efficient.

IMO we should be aggressive on defense early In the year when opposing offenses are not fully prepared.

What a broad range of possibilities we have in this Tennesse game!

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do I do I post... This is not about GT vs JaxST or UCF... it is about offenses needing to get going after being off all season.
Sorry! Keep posting. For one, I enjoy your observations and opinions. Some people are so ready to reply with their own views that they don't bother to carefully read the original message.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Right. But, I've been working overtime to get my Kool-Aid game on. I already have us scoring on our first play like it 2011. Thinking about a slow start on O is just nonsense, like a square circle

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow

I see the context now. That's what I get for reading/posting while watching my wife go crazy with the baby registry scanner in target. I think the 3rd quarter of the UCF game is going to be the moment where we really see what we have on offense for the year. Live reps are huge for getting timing down especially in an offense with as many moving parts as ours.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't terribly impressed with Jax St. UTC was starting its backup QB, somebody who wasn't planned to start until about 24 hours before the game. And I thought it showed. Jax St. won't be a pushover but I don't see this one being frightfully close.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
We ca't overlook JSU or UCF. JSU is a solid team who has some star power. We should easily win, but they can't be overlooked, and neither can UCF. Road game, night game, they can pull off an upset. It sounds cliche, but we have to take it one game at a time.

UTC pretty much kept Jax St in check most of the night. Our offense should roll from play one. It is our defense i'm anxious to see what transpires.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I understand what Longest day is saying. We definitely don't need to start slow. On Jax state and UCF... we should beat both teams badly. When teams haven't played us regularly and when we are also more athletic it usually gets ugly.