After action report

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am going on a cruise and will not have a slow motion breakdown this week. I know, I know, where are my priorities.

The field was awefull. If I was facing GT I would water the heck out my field. Our offense requires traction for the OL as well as the skill positions. Our blocking style fires out, not stand up paddy cake. Pulling requires good traction. Hard cuts on the outside needs traction. Think about all the cleat comments people have made over the years. Rain is not good for our offense contrary to other offenses.

The second half was about traction first, loss of a starting LB, and not making crucial plays. I’ll throw in the refs too as they were blind to all the holding. GT is a good team.

I kept thinking GT was going to try and jump the pass on the bubble screen like Golden did in the past. I thought the defense played fairly well except in the monsoon and the bubble screens. GT did have 3rd down stops.

This game hurts because it was Miami, significant in the ACC Champion race, and also seen as a litmus test on the greatness of the team. After some time to heal, I am focusing on the next game.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Enjoy your cruise sir! I agree that our offense is much more sensitive to rain than other offenses due to a lot of change of direction by our players. Our 2 losses this season are each by 1 point. We are a good team. UGA is over ranked, and they'll get a reality check in November.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Listening to PJ post practice comments, he said Richt apologized to him before the game about the field conditions.