adobe flash problems "an error occurred, please try later. learn more"

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
not sure what changed but about 3 months ago i started having problems with flash.

i have googled my but off. went to both google and youtube troubleshooting sites for help. tried most everything short of getting in the weeds.

when i try to play a flash video it will play for about a minute. than it stops. even up to this point the video is herky jerky. the icon in the middle is left spinning and after maybe 30 seconds i get the above error message.

tanks in advance for your help.
happy holidays to you and your family
go jackets.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I got tired of Adobe hijacking my machine and pestering me to update their dumb software that apparently can't go three months without making a backward incompatible update so I uninstalled Flash, Adobe updater, everything. Adobe is awful software. And I'm pretty sure, at least at one point, Adobe was using unauthorized rootkits to monitor users of their software.

So my suggestion is to get rid of it.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i agree with you 100%. its awful software. awful!

i removed every single adobe program on my pc but i kept seeing video's id like to play.

is there a good program that can be used in place of adobe flash?

tanks for the response btw.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
i agree with you 100%. its awful software. awful!

i removed every single adobe program on my pc but i kept seeing video's id like to play.

is there a good program that can be used in place of adobe flash?

tanks for the response btw.
Just yesterday, I noticed a Firefox add-in that claims to be able to play flash media without Flash installed. Sorry for not linking to it but don't have time to search for it and since I don't stop by this forum much, I thought I might forget to follow up.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Just yesterday, I noticed a Firefox add-in that claims to be able to play flash media without Flash installed. Sorry for not linking to it but don't have time to search for it and since I don't stop by this forum much, I thought I might forget to follow up.
Found it: Video Without Flash 2.0.2

I just installed it so haven't test driven it yet but it has good reviews/feedback.