Adidas being sued by Brian Bowen II

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The only reason I'm starting a separate thread on this is my hope that @brandon_cox will grace us with his view on this.

I get why Adidas is the target, but the idea of them being prohibited from sponsoring schools, if Bowen wins, seems a stretch.

Deleted member 2897

The only reason I'm starting a separate thread on this is my hope that @brandon_cox will grace us with his view on this.

I get why Adidas is the target, but the idea of them being prohibited from sponsoring schools, if Bowen wins, seems a stretch.

It takes guts to illegally negotiate for a $100,000 payment to play college basketball for a particular University, then turn around and sue everyone when you get caught.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It takes guts to illegally negotiate for a $100,000 payment to play college basketball for a particular University, then turn around and sue everyone when you get caught.

That's an interesting & logical point, but the mitigation is that the kid is saying he didn't know about it. It was his dad negotiating without his knowledge.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe he needs to sue his dad. :)

I think that makes sense too. All of these people conspired to make the kid wear Adidas. Is his dad a conspirator or are they trying to BS that he's a victim too?

Also, Adidas had a conspiracy, but there were other offers from Nike schools. They're not a separately acting conspirator?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@kg01 rocking the new hate week avatar.. Me likey

right.gif

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't understand how you could file that lawsuit without including the father since he was the one shopping him, ultimately making his son ineligible.
As DTM mentioned Nike does the same thing (as does UA) and Nike reportedly offered a huge offer to try to get Bowen to go to OR.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Don't understand how you could file that lawsuit without including the father since he was the one shopping him, ultimately making his son ineligible.
As DTM mentioned Nike does the same thing (as does UA) and Nike reportedly offered a huge offer to try to get Bowen to go to OR.

Will he (hilariously) try to say his dad was duped in some way? Could his dad's deal to testify in the trial somehow immunize him?

Seems he'd be a clear target for such a lawsuit so it's weird that he's not named.