Addressing the Vad Lee situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is not good. Thomas will not last more than a couple of games. Byerly is probably the best we have at running the current offense. I think he will probably end up our QB next season. Jordan is a wild card. Seven wins next year now becomes a stretch goal.

Go Jackets!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
[Jerry the Jacket, post: 22890, member: 65"]This is not good. Thomas will not last more than a couple of games. Byerly is probably the best we have at running the current offense. I think he will probably end up our QB next season. Jordan is a wild card. Seven wins next year now becomes a stretch goal.

Go Jackets![/quote]

Completely agree. Next season is a tragedy.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Silver lining! Folks will have the opportunity to see whether Vad Lee is in fact a better QB in a different system. Up to this point there has been almost no basis to the debate other than pure speculation.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I also disagree with the assessment of next year's team based on Justin taking over. Results will be dictated by OL and DL play far more than Justin. I think Justin has yet to have a real opportunity, despite what folks took away from a total of maybe 7-8 fragmented series this year.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Some of you crack me up. We won games in 2008 and 2009 where we didn't throw a single pass. We DID NOT run our bread and butter offense this year. Vad could not run the option. Let's give CPJ a chance to get back to running what he basically invented with 2 QB's that can run it (JT and TB). We will win at least 8 next year. Whether or not CPJ survives is how we do against VT, Clemson, UGA, and The U

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I appreciate Vad trying to make it work this year. It just wasn't. He knows it and we know it. I wish him well if true.

I don't share all the pessim though. Frankly, I think we were probably playing Vad on potential more than anything. We may have actually had better results with JT or TB taking snaps. I say let's stick with the system and find the right QB.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate Vad trying to make it work this year. It just wasn't. He knows it and we know it. I wish him well if true.

I don't share all the pessim though. Frankly, I think we were probably playing Vad on potential more than anything. We may have actually had better results with JT or TB taking snaps. I say let's stick with the system and find the right QB.

Boom how many bad outings you have to witness before acknowledging it ain't working?
The starting QB that this coach recruited is transferring after one season and he wasn't beaten out. This is not good.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I just think it's sad that after all this time we're going backwards. We are not navy or ga southern ( no disrespect intended to either school) but having to go back to a base anything just sucks. I was excited at the thought of the pistol being implemented more and the playbook opening up. How in the world can anybody be excited about the 3 yards and a cloud of dust? We already have a tough enough time recruiting......smdh

Alexlongstride

Georgia Tech Fan
What I realize is that we GT fans are like that woman who keeps catching her husband cheating on her over and over again and keeps saying that he will stop one day. CPJ maxed out in 09 its time to save the program and make a change, your starting QB is bolting without losing his job and you all think his backup will be better. Saban he wanted JT as a db for a reason and we are hanging our hopes on him, come on techies when are we gonna wake up from la la land. Anyway I will still root for tech but its getting harder and harder to be a fan.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Best of luck to Vad, outstanding kid who represented The Institute with class. Just wished Pauly could have utilized his talents a little better.

gtdrew

Banned
Vad played most of this season like a kid who didn't want to be here. Everyone who wants to blame this on CPJ is doing so simply to further their agenda. I pinned my hopes on Vad Lee, like many of us did, but it simply wasn't working consistently. What this should do is clear the way for Justin Thomas, who is probably more physically suited to do what the coaching staff wants their qb to do on the field. It's sad to see a kid who seems as nice as Vad does to feel so dejected he leaves school, but I'm not convinced this team is any the worse off moving forward for it.

Buzzwax

Georgia Tech Fan
I also disagree with the assessment of next year's team based on Justin taking over. Results will be dictated by OL and DL play far more than Justin. I think Justin has yet to have a real opportunity, despite what folks took away from a total of maybe 7-8 fragmented series this year.

Poor OL play and a very tentative QBwho ran backwards on every option play look very painful this year. Two successful plays were not used this year due to Vad trying to run around the DE/ DT instead of AT the DE or DT and pitching or running NORTH/SOUTH!! Due to being tentative we never ran midline. Our only decent play was rocket toss because the mesh, read, run/pitch triple option threat never was established.

My question? Did the coaches know this was a strong possibility? If so, why in the hell wasn't JT or TB playing more.

Vad seems like a very honorable kid but when multiple starting players are hearing/tweeting about you transferring MID-season then CPJ needed to SQUASH this fire THEN! (have Vad COMMIT to not transferring or BENCH his ***.)

Despite this news and the negative initial reaction, I belive our offense will be better next year with JT or TB. Both are better runners and certainly should be able to equal our completion percentage from this year. Both are also better scramblers IMO as well.......

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
Vad knew what offensive system CPJ runs at Tech. I don't understand how he could play so well last year and so bad this year. It's almost like he checked-out game one. I hope he doesn't leave on bad terms. I think this is best for him. I wish him the best.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
When it comes down to making decisions about your career, you have to do what is best for yourself, period. I wouldn't blame him if he transferred. PJ ain't helping him get to the NFL.

Going forward, I would honestly like to see Synjyn back at QB. The guy is bigger than Nesbitt, and I think he can lower his shoulder and get us the tough yards that Vad always seemed to stutter on.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
it's amazing what you can find out about the locker room by following players on social media. Let's just say our players have an entirely more positive outlook about this than some of our fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.