AD Search....

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It wouldn't surprise me if we go the route of naming someone like Bill Curry as an interim AD. I think this search may take awhile, at least until after football season. We will see what Bud is made of. I think he realizes he can't go the route of last hire and screw this up. Too many big things on the horizon with apparel deal, new tv deal, and huge debt payments starting in 2018. Early rumblings are big $ people are already in Bud's ear and they want a Football and Funds guy! B-ball was a priority last few years and that has been given a new start. Time to give football the resources to compete annually.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
You have MUCH more confidence in Bud than I do. My understanding (which could be entirely wrong, mind you) is that Peterson was basically quite happy with the APR and graduation rates, and that at least we were "competitive" in most sports. My guess is we'll go out and get another one just like MBob or Drad.

You have MUCH more confidence in Bud than I do. My understanding (which could be entirely wrong, mind you) is that Peterson was basically quite happy with the APR and graduation rates, and that at least we were "competitive" in most sports. My guess is we'll go out and get another one just like MBob or Drad.
Hopefully Mrs. Bud will play a big role in the decision.

USCJacket15

Georgia Tech Fan
Todd Stansbury anyone? He's been at Oregon State for just over a year, but maybe the opportunity to return to his alma mater could be appealing.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Tom Kleinlein? Idk anything about him but he seems to be doing a good job at southern. Does anyone know much about him and if he could do good here?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Curry would be a fine interim AD. He's a damn good man. May no longer be interested at this point in his life. As for next long term AD....can't GT just clone Homer Rice already?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
DoescPrez
think scoring 100 plus points against alcorn and tulane (they had a defensive down where they had 9 men on field= coach fired at end of year) counts?
Prez
Does prez
like watching last years hilites that only show td against those two teams?.

Mayve he does and maybe we should be The SETTLERS.
I just po d
Sorry.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Todd Stansbury anyone? He's been at Oregon State for just over a year, but maybe the opportunity to return to his alma mater could be appealing.

So if it is good for him, that means it is good for GT? What has he done, besides going to GT to make him what we need?

Hiring anyone with GT ties, right now, will signal to the general public it is just more of the same BS they / we have seen since 1964.

Yeah, bring in curry with him to pontificate about all the really remarkable, stupendous, super unbelievable, exciting, glorious, phenomenal, tragic, never been seen before, incredible things going on that we're in vogue in the middle of the last century.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Curry would be a fine interim AD. He's a damn good man. May no longer be interested at this point in his life. As for next long term AD....can't GT just clone Homer Rice already?

I think curry, Braine, DRad, MBob are all probably good, decent men.

Curry in any capacity at GT would be like the biggest tub of rat infested, vomit spoiled, collection of spilt milk in the history of the NCAA.

If anyone thinks we are a laughing stock, irrelevant sports talk topic now (and TOTALLY unattractive to drawing new fans) then see what happens if this were to occur.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
So if it is good for him, that means it is good for GT? What has he done, besides going to GT to make him what we need?

Hiring anyone with GT ties, right now, will signal to the general public it is just more of the same BS they / we have seen since 1964.

Yeah, bring in curry with him to pontificate about all the really remarkable, stupendous, super unbelievable, exciting, glorious, phenomenal, tragic, never been seen before, incredible things going on that we're in vogue in the middle of the last century.

Why don't you do a little research before crapping on him. He has steadily worked his way up to the AD of a Power 5 school. I think he damn sure deserves a look. Sheesh

USCJacket15

Georgia Tech Fan

Those are fair questions. A quick Google search finds the story from Oregon State when he was hired and shows this:
During his three-and-a-half years at Central Florida, Stansbury transformed a department that increased its donor base by 47 percent; won 12 CUSA and American Athletic Conference championships in eight different sports; and has had the highest graduation success rate of any public Division I higher education institution in the United States.

Increased athletic donations? Championships? Student-athlete academic success? And he's a Tech man? That all sounds pretty good to me. Although I guess I should have done this search before my initial post because I learned that Stansbury was an Associate AD at Oregon State from 2003-2012. With the history he has there and the fact that he would be leaving a job after taking it a little over a year ago, it seems doubtful that he will end up being the AD at GT.