AD Hire: J Batt

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Someone familiar with Brent Key, hope that has nothing to do with the hiring process and just a coincidence. Don't like that he doesn't really have a history of hiring coaches although is sounds like he may have been involved in getting Nate Oats to Alabama. Fundraising is good, we all know how important that is.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Someone familiar with Brent Key, hope that has nothing to do with the hiring process and just a coincidence. Don't like that he doesn't really have a history of hiring coaches although is sounds like he may have been involved in getting Nate Oats to Alabama. Fundraising is good, we all know how important that is.
Pretty easy to raise funds at Bama.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Pretty easy to raise funds at Bama.

Yeah, Collins was considered a great recruiter b/c of what he did at Bama. Key a great OL coach as well. Hell Trent Richardson almost won a Heisman while being one of the worst NFL RBs in the league during his short career. Gotta be weary of people being elite when surrounded by elite.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Batt is exactly what we need. Young up and coming AD, former collegiate athlete so understands the players lives. He was behind a $600 million fundraising campaign for athletics for bama within the last year. Great thing is he’s seen the bama NIL program and how it works and can bring a similar thing to tech.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I just think it is hilarious that the first posts about a rumor are all negative. Lol. Most of us wouldn't be able to beat a random number generator in picking a new AD, and yet we immediately find some reason why the person is unqualified and 'unexciting.' News flash...exciting isn't what we want.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I just think it is hilarious that the first posts about a rumor are all negative. Lol. Most of us wouldn't be able to beat a random number generator in picking a new AD, and yet we immediately find some reason why the person is unqualified and 'unexciting.' News flash...exciting isn't what we want.

I mean, I see an obvious facetious post followed by questions that seem like legit conversation.

Who's being overtly negative? Maybe I'm giving folks too much benefit of the doubt. :(

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I mean, I see an obvious facetious post followed by questions that seem like legit conversation.

Who's being overtly negative? Maybe I'm giving folks too much benefit of the doubt. :(
Seems to me that three of the first posts were throwing shade at the very least. I have no idea who this dude is, I just think it's kind of funny how many voice concerns without doing any research other than looking at his bio and saying "Only on letter first name!?" and "Tarhole" :) Not really criticizing, just find it a bit humorous and so like Tech fans. :)