ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I feel like we match up better against FSU. I don’t know if we can handle UNC’s 4 bigs on the offensive glass.

/

IMO the story of the game against either team is whether our guards can cause turnovers from theirs and prevent them from settling in on O. I think we're more likely to do that against UNC than FSU.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I honestly thought FSU got a lot of the calls. I mean the basket interference in the first half was blatant. And there were a few others. The travel at the very end of the game (tough call but would’ve been the right call)?

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Yeah UNC got hosed multiple times by the refs. Goaltending not called. FSU player standing on the baseline under the basket that led to a bucket not called. FSU player in a trap, travels and charges with neither called. FSU player travels at the end of the game not called with plenty of time for UNC to tie or take the lead. UNC has every right to be mad at the refs like we were yesterday. There were other too.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
They had a cluster of 102 students test positive. Must have included some athletes. Lots of off campus partying.
Duke made the decision to commute with the knowledge that their football team was already in quarantine due to positive testing as well as a large number of their student population. With that in mind, it seems to me they were really pushing the limits of "staying in their bubble" by commuting back and forth to Durham. Not sure why they wouldn't err on the side of caution.

Does anyone else wonder if they might have been more cautious if they were one of the top seeds? Also, isn't it a bit strange that they just decide to opt out of the rest of the year? I am willing to bet they will use this as an excuse to keep their streak of consecutive year's in the NCAA's in tact. By opting out and not waiting to find out if they would receive a bid (probably knowing they wouldn't) they will later claim that it was Covid that knocked them out this year, therefore should they make it next year their 24 year streak remains in tact based on that technicality. It would be such a slime ball move that would fit right in with the way Ratface runs things.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Nobody was rushing to GT’s defense when we played 5 games in 12 days against teams that had significant rest beforehand.

One question though: If we get handed the trophy because UNC or FSU gets the Rona, do we go to the coliseum to cut down the nets?
Nobody said anything about FSU celebrating their trophy last year without having to play a single game. So I see no shame in the Jackets accepting and celebrating their trophy regardless of how it pans out from this point forward this year. I feel sorry for the teams that tested positive but I don't think we should feel any shame for following protocols as verdantly as we did.

Deleted member 2897

that didn't age well

Pitt is currently the 2nd best team in the ACC and swept FSU on the road. Unfortunately up 8-4 in the 9th after all that hard work and bang - Bartnicki gives up 7 runs in less than 5 minutes. Crazy to lose at the very end after being up big the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.