ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
While I'm happy we are in the title game, I think they should just sit the positive player and press on. Especially if he's asymptomatic.
You expect us to play a team that had a player test positive, then their entire team have close contact with that player due to the dog pile after the buzzer beater? Why on earth would we risk an NCAAT birth by exposing our players to UVA players that have been in close contact with a positive test?

Milwaukee

Banned
The way the rule is currently written this basically knocks UVA out of the tournament next week. I don’t know how the hell NCAA is gonna manage this as the rules are currently written.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Josh Pastner really hit em with it
IMG_20210312_110733.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a game and ALL the rules are made-up. There's no natural law of physics that determines how a Basketball tournament is supposed to be set up. You play the game you're given and you try to win under the rules.

In the history of sports, I don't think there's ever been a champion that some butt-sore loser didn't complain wasn't legit because X player got injured, or X team wasn't in, or X player shouldn't have been eligible, or the refs made a bad call...

If Tech wins the tournament it'll be just as legit as any other. We played (and hopefully won) the games we were given.

This is basically what I meant when I said we should have 'em tell us how our a** taste. You just said it in a slightly more classy way.
:cool:

crut

Helluva Engineer
The way the rule is currently written this basically knocks UVA out of the tournament next week. I don’t know how the hell NCAA is gonna manage this as the rules are currently written.
Why do you say that? I think UVA is still good to go right now.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
UNC will likely win today because Greensboro is like a home game for them even with limited seating. There is a reason Greensboro is ACC headquarters and so many tournaments played there. It favors UNC. The office under swafford was loaded with UNC alums. Need to move headquarters out of there. Would be interesting in Atlanta . Would get more exposure. The league has outgrown Greensboro. Even Charlotte would be better.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Part of me is pumped to be in the title game. Part of me really wanted another crack at uva after we gave them two good runs.

Regardless, there will be no asterisk as long as we get to play the championship game. Not sure who I’d want. We’ve already beaten both. FSU is probably the worse team right now. But UNC would be playing their 4th game in 4 days running and up-tempo style.
Not sure 3 games will be a problem for uncheats since they go what 15 deep?

Status
Not open for further replies.