ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth, I don't think it's much tougher of a draw to have Virginia tomorrow rather than Cuse, and I say that as someone who's been down on Cuse almost the entire year. Cuse was a 5 point underdog today for a reason (not a wide spread) and almost got them.

This is as good as Cuse has been playing the last 3 games (since Clemson last game of regular season), and the changes go beyond just making shots. Totally different team mentally who has elevated their defense to at least maximizing their ability. Same goes for fewer wasted offensive possessions. They may not deserve to make the tournament based on resume, but there's a chance they sneak in and do some damage.

Virginia is projected as a NCAAT 4 seed. Good enough to continue pulling out competitive W's against the middle pack ACC and NCAAT caliber teams, but clearly capable of being picked off and far from a scary draw. While we haven't beaten them yet, we know we can play with them. It will be poetic for Jose to get one last crack at them.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I find it odd they made a big deal about it. I feel it was a cop out for coach K. I wouldn't put it past him to have the testers lie and say a player tested positive when they didn't. He knew he was going to be slaughtered by FSU. When he looks back on his career he doesn't want a blemish without saying there was a technical issue *Cough* *Cough* COVID. Just don't trust that rat face as much as it looks like his lips is an arsehole.
I think you nailed it. He’s probably off the bubble & in the tourney after last night. Why risk it?

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Yea, better form would have been to state there isn't any evidence of deaths or long haulers in college sports.

The small handful of players that got hit bad (like that offensive lineman at Indiana) were fully healthy and cleared a few weeks later and returned to full practice and played the season.

Pretty much every team has had significantly worse negative health issues from the sport itself than COVID so far, and thankfully.
Remember the Florida bb player?

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
I think there’s a grey area in between “declares for the draft in 3 years” and “locked down starting position”

If he ends up being NFL potential after 3 years I’d be very excited for him, but there is a small subset of QBs achieve that.

He could be NFL ready later on in his career which would keep him at Tech longer, or never develop to the NFL level but still be a darn good collegiate QB

Florida basketball issue was not Covid related. Stop spreading false fear!

Deleted member 2897

Yep, unrelated, which makes sense, since he had Covid several months earlier and had long since passed all the medical tests. Of course the media was all over this initially, but not once their narrative was proven false.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Florida basketball issue was not Covid related. Stop spreading false fear!
He had been diagnosed with COVID. Could be Covid related. There have been some heart issues with it. Are you an infectious disease expert?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
He had been diagnosed with COVID. Could be Covid related. There have been some heart issues with it. Are you an infectious disease expert?
The family came out and said it wasn't Covid related.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Yep, unrelated, which makes sense, since he had Covid several months earlier and had long since passed all the medical tests. Of course the media was all over this initially, but not once their narrative was proven false.

Last I heard they were wondering if it was linked. Hadn't seen the new diagnosis.

Deleted member 2897

Only a 34 point swing from the last time we played. Not a bad swing for one half, LOL.

If Miami plays like Florida State on a 3rd straight game and maintains it, good for them. That’s why March Madness exists. We’ve had a lot of second half comebacks, and I’m not giving up today yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.