ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was going to make a comment that Syracuse was a liable to lose to NC State as they are to beat UVA...well, they're not giving UVA an easy time.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I hate to see a team get their seasons cut short (even if only by a game) for this kind of stuff. I know I don’t have the Duke hate some of y’all do, but after sitting out last season I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
Im all about blasting a team on the court, but this I keep thinking about:
the matrix GIF

GT05

Jolly Good Fellow
Syracuse is a booger to deal with. I had a feeling after our game they’d get on a run

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
This is scary to me!! positive case that close to other players, and we're having one of our best seasons in years.. it could easily get screwed up with this stupid virus.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I hate to see a team get their seasons cut short (even if only by a game) for this kind of stuff. I know I don’t have the Duke hate some of y’all do, but after sitting out last season I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
the matrix GIF
Almost makes me feel sorry for Ratface, almost.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So not to be conspiratorial here but....Duke was probably going to not get in the NAA tournament unless they won out in the ACC Tourney. Not much chance of that. They can now say missed the NCAA because they took themselves out due to Covid. Not not selected... Funny the AD came out and said season over just for one positive test. What if the rest of the team stayed negative.

I owe the entire board a sincere apology for not catching this sooner.

This is "back injury" stuff all over again. They saw the writing on the wall and basically took VPI's excuse and gave it steroids. "Uh... we didn't lose ... we ... uh, uhm ... got a positive testshutdowntheseasonbyethanxnointerviewsrespeckmydecision."

What if it was just one or two guys? You can't play at all? If you were in line for a 1-seed, would you manage to play?

What if the committee comes back and puts them in the field with a favorable draw? They gonna say 'no'?

the matrix GIF

..... yes like this 'cause this is the path they chose.

(Nice gif usage though, btw.)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I dunno, guys. Miami's coming into this game with a major chip on their shoulders. They're on a roll and we'll be coming in flat-footed.

In short, I are scared.

(You're welcome fo the reverse-jinx. Wait, did I jinx the reverse-jinx?)
I see we're 10-point faves. The only reason I wouldn't touch this game is because I never bet against the Jackets.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I owe the entire board a sincere apology for not catching this sooner.

This is "back injury" stuff all over again. They saw the writing on the wall and basically took VPI's excuse and gave it steroids. "Uh... we didn't lose ... we ... uh, uhm ... got a positive testshutdowntheseasonbyethanxnointerviewsrespeckmydecision."

What if it was just one or two guys? You can't play at all? If you were in line for a 1-seed, would you manage to play?

What if the committee comes back and puts them in the field with a favorable draw? They gonna say 'no'?

..... yes like this 'cause this is the path they chose.

(Nice gif usage though, btw.)
Yeah, of all the teams to suddenly come down with coronavirus, who'd have guessed it would be Duke? 🙃

Deleted member 2897

Syracuse hanging with Virginia. 6 minutes left and tie game.

I am always for the underdogs, even though technically the best team always wins...but its in that 1 game. The odds are of course much lower that a significantly lower ranked team can run off multiple games in a row of being hot. Also we lost twice to Virginia, so there are always matchup differences between teams.

JUST WIN BABY. But also drink and get naked. And its tournament time, so do it in whatever order you want or all at the same time.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Are they doing a bubble for the NCAAT? If this happens in the early rounds to someone, that would suck.

They are trying to have a serious bubble in Indianapolis. 7 straight days of positive tests to get in. And if a team flunks the entry testing they are supposedly going to replace them with one of the last 4 out teams. So as I understand it, a team that wasn't in the tourney could conceivably be put in a #1 seed slot and told to go play. After the games start I think it is just like Duke tonight - forfeit and the lucky team on the other side just advances. But their goal is to lock down stuff enough that there isn't any covid inside the bubble.

Deleted member 2897

They essentially found the hotel where all their football players got it and decided to put their basketball team there and waited for nature to take it's course.

Man, all those losses, some in overtime, now COVID. No ACC tournament play, no NCAA tournament play. Its gotta be so hard on those young me. Kind of gives me a warm feeling inside just thinking about it.

Duke now shows up as "TBD" on the scheduling. I do kindly hereby suggest we refer to that as "Too Bad Duke".

1615488472142.png

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
The seven day rule is excessive in my opinion...you’re telling me Gonzaga gets one positive test today and they can’t play?

Status
Not open for further replies.