ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milwaukee

Banned
In case anyone is wondering, Clemson beat Mimai by 1 on the road and 8 at home 2 games after our game with miami.

So there was some reason to think this was possible. I see no reason to believe Miami will beat us tomorrow.
I love Laranega he’s a great coach but we’re gonna beat those dudes by 10+.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't want to be dismissive of a team that just grinded out 2 straight wins in a knockout tournament - with a lot of adversity faced this year. Miami has been playing well and they will be up for the challenge tomorrow, we cant go in thinking it will be a breeze. I think in the 2nd half once their tired legs kick in, we will need to keep our foot on the gas and pull away.

I think Pastner is 0-3 in ACC Tournament games IIRC, hopefully we reverse course and go 3-0.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I just find it funny that teams throw out covid pauses and it's just sort of accepted.

Like FSU went on a covid pause and beat UVA by 20 in the second game back, after winning big in game 1.

We went on a covid pause and crushed Clemson on the first game back.

It's like coaching plays a part in that.

While we point to the lead up to our first two games as reasons why they should be excused some, I think everyone agrees that it was a coaching matter that led to that rather than just "covid pause don't look at it". An understandable decision, in my opinion, but still a coaching decision.

Now some places have legit arguments like they know 6 of their players had covid and were hit pretty hard.
I understand the point of view but I think you're oversimplifying. Some teams go on pause and players can't hit the gym for 2 weeks. That is wildly different than a subset of the team practicing and getting shots up. Then there's a factor of whether the team can practice ahead of their first game. And whether a team is facing injuries at the same time. All variables are not equal and certainly the team's response to coaching is another thing.

To be sure, I said at the time and still believe we are better than VT regardless.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
We’re feeling it right now though. No way in hell we lose this game. Coming off 2 monster announcements POY and DPOY, we’ve been confined to our bubble, chemistry and unity at an all time high. I feel sorry for Miami tomorrow, we’re gonna come out gangbusters. LFG
Has it been announced that Jose is 100% for the game? I'm seeing posts with so much optimism, that can only be true if everyone is healthy.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Its
Short bench Miami on no rest. I'll take it.

This is what we wanted. Now we need to execute!

Seriously, how much ****ing fun is it watching all these teams for days beat the **** out of each other while we sip cold beer and simply wait our turn?
It's great, it's been a long time. Much nicer not having to play the 1st 2 days. Loving the double bye.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Was pulling for Miami. We play better against them and they're gassed after two games and a short bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.