ACC Tournament

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Was really hoping to get Miami as the 2 seed Thursday night. I think UVA us playing like a legit Final 4 team. I'm sure they remember that L we gave them in January. Fsu has a great draw as the 11th seed to possibly make A little run. BC Tuesday, VT Wednesday and Miami Thursday.

Last edited:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
i'll be honest, I expect us to lose to Clemson on Wendesday so i'll wait to worry about who else we might play until we show we can beat Clemson. We haven't beaten them outside Atlanta in almost a decade.
I think this was the worst possible draw for us. When we beat them in Atlanta two weeks ago we shot 54% from the field and hit 45% of our 3-point tries. And we out-rebounded them by nine boards. With all that, the score was tied with three seconds to go. In Greenville, we turned the ball over, could not shoot worth a damn, and did not control the boards. We were down by only two points with eight minutes to go and fell apart ala last season as game wound down.

Blossomgame is a terrible match-up for us. He's too tall for MGH and too quick for any of our bigs and too strong for Q. And he can shoot from anywhere. Plus, we need our bigs to guard Grantham and Nnoko. Roper and Holmes are too good for Heath or Jorgenson, so Smith has to be in the game a lot of minutes. Djitte and DeVoe are giving them solid minutes off the bench. Our only real chance is to shoot the lights out like we did two weeks ago and/or hope they go cold for much of the game. We gotta make their bigs play defense, especially Nnoko.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Didn't Marcus guard Blossomgane in Atlanta in the second half? I remember him being much less effective in the 2nd half.

Yep, we tried to have the bigs guard him in the first half and we had no answer. Marcus switched onto him in the second half and played great defense. Had the quickness to guard him on the perimeter and did a great job not letting him post up. It was a battle in the post almost the entire second half when Clemson was on offense, but Marcus never let him get position

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our biggest issue is we only have one above average defender in our starting lineup - MGH, and he can only guard one person on the other team.
Lammers is turning into a very good position defender in the post. But Mitchell and Jacobs are both below average as is Smith.

Putting MGH on Blossongame was the biggest decision the staff made. it allowed Grantham to go off some but MGH did a really nice job neutralizing Blossomgame.
Against Pitt they used him more on Robinson to try to slow down Pitt's offense and Robinson had a below avg game- though Young was a beast for them, destroying out front line

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it was the difference between POV at the gym and on tv but Ben played absolutely terribly on Saturday I thought. He was just off. He did affect a shot down the stretch that was huge and allowed MGH to get a rebound and I think we went up 4 but overall he looked a step slow. Hopefully he rebounds and has a solid tournament.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Our biggest issue is we only have one above average defender in our starting lineup - MGH, and he can only guard one person on the other team.
Lammers is turning into a very good position defender in the post. But Mitchell and Jacobs are both below average as is Smith.

Putting MGH on Blossongame was the biggest decision the staff made. it allowed Grantham to go off some but MGH did a really nice job neutralizing Blossomgame.
Against Pitt they used him more on Robinson to try to slow down Pitt's offense and Robinson had a below avg game- though Young was a beast for them, destroying out front line
Jacobs lateral movements on defense are so slow....that lefty hook though

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Weak Florist goes down to NCState 75-72.

Man NCState underachieved this year despite the win.