ACC Tournament

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
is that one dude on BC still dropping like 30 a game? I felt like we were looking good enough to beat them on the road a few weeks back and we kind of fell apart

They basically have 3 guys that can go for 20-25 at any moment. And now their frontcourt is starting to come around a bit. They really outplayed FSU for about 35 minutes today

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes. Their big three are still there. they went 12-28 from three against FSU, but had 18 TO.
They lost F Steffon Mitchell (who hit a big shot against us last time) the previous game so they are suspect inside.

but we have to be able to guard their big three or they will just outscore us.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
04s6lggfznj01.jpg

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As optimistic as I want to be, our offensive deficiencies lead me to fear that we’ll lose pretty early in this tourney, maybe even in the opener. If we had both our FROSH guards, with a healthier Lammers (finally!) I would be truly optimistic,

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Just winning the first game is going to be very tough. BC will score some points, we have to defend their perimeter well.
Agree. BC's back court is as good as any in the ACC.

While NC State in round 2 seems more doable than others, I prefer not playing good teams you just beat. That loss will be fresh in the Wolfpack's minds. It's a good year for the tourney to not be in Greensboro, however.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Holy moly that sets up for us to do some damage.....
It would have been virtually impossible to set it up any better. The key questions are can we stay out of foul trouble, avoid teams going nuts on us shooting from 3 & will we have enough gas in the tank. Likely answers are yes for a few games, possibly & would require a miracle (like the ‘69 Mets).

What are the odds of winning it all?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It would have been virtually impossible to set it up any better. The key questions are can we stay out of foul trouble, avoid teams going nuts on us shooting from 3 & will we have enough gas in the tank. Likely answers are yes for a few games, possibly & would require a miracle (like the ‘69 Mets).

What are the odds of winning it all?

If we get to vs uVa on Fri, that will help refuel the tank since they won't be pressing pace.

Deleted member 2897

I wonder how we’ll be seeded after we win this thing? 18-18 record, 7 straight wins.

I think if we lose against Boston College, we'll get a 10 seed. If we win the whole ACC Tournament, we'll get a 2 seed. This of course assumes the NCAA does their job and kicks out the 35 teams who have been caught up in the FBI scandal. :banghead: