ACC Tournament 2021

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to tell you and the other guys this but Varitek was first eligible for the hall of fame in 2016. He got 2 votes or 0.5% of the total number of electors. You need 70% to get in and 5% to stay on the ballot for another year. So he had his shot and didn't make it.

Rightfully so imo. He had a solid career but not HoF worthy. If Jorge Posada was going to be one and done then Varitek damn well should have been as well. That might be the Yankee fan in me talking but it's not wrong.
Based on his numbers and his popularity within MLB, I would have always said his best chance of making the Hall was through the Veteran's Committee (now the Era Committees). I think he'd fall in the Today's Baseball Committee or something like that.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Frustrating game. Played extremely well and it got away late, but the guys played great. I think we got one call to go our way out of 5 replays and it was one that shouldn't have gone to replay for anyways. Home plate ump seemed to have a wider zone for NC State and we got no breaks today whenever the ball was hit hard. Just one of those games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Frustrating game. Played extremely well and it got away late, but the guys played great. I think we got one call to go our way out of 5 replays and it was one that shouldn't have gone to replay for anyways. Home plate ump seemed to have a wider zone for NC State and we got no breaks today whenever the ball was hit hard. Just one of those games.
The "breaks" were very lopsided. Started with the 0-2 3-run double in 2nd that was juuuuust fair.

...contrast that with Parada's homerun that was reversed. I had a pretty good look from my seat at that... looked foul to me. Was very surprised to see ump call it fair. Equally surprised it was overturned. How was there a video of it that was conclusive? Ball sailed high above foul pole.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I must be Nostradamus because I told my buddy before the game started we'd lose since we swept them regular season 😏
I figured we only had a 30% chance to win given our pitching. We needed the breaks and the Pack got them. It's baseball.

On to Monday to find out where we are a 2 seed somewhere.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The "breaks" were very lopsided. Started with the 0-2 3-run double in 2nd that was juuuuust fair.

...contrast that with Parada's homerun that was reversed. I had a pretty good look from my seat at that... looked foul to me. Was very surprised to see ump call it fair. Equally surprised it was overturned. How was there a video of it that was conclusive? Ball sailed high above foul pole.
There was a Chik-Fil-A cow on the flag pole. On the replay, the ball passed in front of the cow. You would not have been able to see the ball well against the pole with the colors and resolution, but it was obviously in front of the cow. Not quite over the pole, it passed very close to the top.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

From where I was sitting on the third base side, it was clearly fair with my gold colored glasses on...

Was also surprised it was overturned. Wondered how there could be "conclusive evidence" with as long as the review took.

NC State also had that HR that hit the foul pole down the left field line. Just not our day.

Deleted member 2897

NC State, 20-6 since their bad start. Crazy. They should get a 1 seed if they win the ACCT.

And yes these are my “facts” as I’m not counting the game that didn’t count. 😝

Last edited: