ACC Tournament 2021

I'm trying to pull up the 7 pm game on the espn app but it says it's blacked out in my area. I have ACC network with my YouTube tv subscription. Anyone know why it would be blacked out on ACCNX?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW UNC started Ollio against Pitt and not Love. So UNC saved ace possibly for NC State or maybe later in the game.
I think it's less about who you're playing (this week) & more about when. Coaches aren't too interested in moving weekend guys to Tuesday... too out of routine.

UVA radio guy talked about this. Interesting what UVA did. Stud "Fri" guy, Abbott, actually pitched the 8th inning in today's game. Presumably, it was his bullpen day. UVA just gave him live innings. Luxury of a schedule that doesn't have UVA back at it until Fri.

Deleted member 2897

I think it's less about who you're playing (this week) & more about when. Coaches aren't too interested in moving weekend guys to Tuesday... too out of routine.

UVA radio guy talked about this. Interesting what UVA did. Stud "Fri" guy, Abbott, actually pitched the 8th inning in today's game. Presumably, it was his bullpen day. UVA just gave him live innings. Luxury of a schedule that doesn't have UVA back at it until Fri.

Yup, teams playing back to back…Virginia plays 3 days after their game today. 🤷‍♂️

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Lead off triple fails to get home for Pitt in the 6th! K followed by a pop up and gunned down at the plate.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
So after the first day VT, Clemson, and UNC are out. UNC took a gamble and saved their ace, Love, for Nc State. Looks like that backfired

Think it was the right play tho. He threw 130 pitches against us on Thursday. Would’ve been borderline negligent to turn around on 4 days rest to start him on Tuesday when both their games are must wins.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, Pitt will probably win the Bipolar Life Boat Tourney now. Just because.

I'd definitely throw Love against NC State and make every effort for the win. NC State will not burn good pitchers. Go 1-1, makes them 19-18 ACC with a ~48rpi. UNC is in even with a loss probably; but have to pray that a bunch of minor conferences don't "steal" bids.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, Pitt will probably win the Bipolar Life Boat Tourney now. Just because.

I'd definitely throw Love against NC State and make every effort for the win. NC State will not burn good pitchers. Go 1-1, makes them 19-18 ACC with a ~48rpi. UNC is in even with a loss probably; but have to pray that a bunch of minor conferences don't "steal" bids.
I agree. I think folks get wrapped up in the format & outthink things. These coaches & players play to win every game. Every win matters for postseason placement. On Sun or Mon (selection day)... nobody will care about the tournament format... they'll care about Ws & Ls.

Love didn't pitch last night because it was Tuesday... not because of a "gamble" to sneak out a win over Pitt.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree. I think folks get wrapped up in the format & outthink things. These coaches & players play to win every game. Every win matters for postseason placement. On Sun or Mon (selection day)... nobody will care about the tournament format... they'll care about Ws & Ls.

Love didn't pitch last night because it was Tuesday... not because of a "gamble" to sneak out a win over Pitt.

Well, we agree Love didn't pitch last night and that All Games Matter.