ACC to play 10-game conference-only schedule for the 2020 season.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Until you think we are good enough to beat them in which case I'm guessing you might reconsider.
Nope. I went to South Bend a few years back, great fans and made the game fun to be there. Can’t say the same for ugag. Don’t give a damn if we ever go there again.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If I am reading it correctly, ND would likely play ten ACC games. That means it would be an eleven week season with one bye week. Expect to see some dates shifted around for some games as the schedule changes.

If the conference wants to shorten the season, it doesn't make sense for us to play Clemson on 9/3 and Miami 11/21, because that would add a 12th week to the schedule. This is going to be interesting.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Could GT be next?
Could they play all ACC?

What's the scoop?

I don't think ND will "drop" GT. However, I think the ACC will determine the schedule and could possibly change ND's opponents for this year. If the goal is limiting travel and having the most flexibility in modifying the schedule on the fly there is no reason to start with the existing schedule or even the existing divisions. The can just start with 16 teams and a blank slate to minimize travel and maximize options if some teams are unavailable for part of the season.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
"Notably, the Yellow Jackets series with UCF was set to end in 2020 after the first game of the series was cancelled in 2017 due to Hurricane Irma."

I'm not highly superstitious, but can we all agree to never schedule UCF again?

The George O'Leary scheduling curse. GT and UCF should never meet. It's on paper, but it never happened...:whistle:

Last edited:

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
If I am reading it correctly, ND would likely play ten ACC games. That means it would be an eleven week season with one bye week. Expect to see some dates shifted around for some games as the schedule changes.

If the conference wants to shorten the season, it doesn't make sense for us to play Clemson on 9/3 and Miami 11/21, because that would add a 12th week to the schedule. This is going to be interesting.

I think in large part the current schedule can be thrown out the window. I wouldn’t trust any of the current dates/matchups.

Also think they’d be fools to only plan one bye week for an 11 week season. Gotta plan for makeup dates. To the point where I think 10 games is aggressive if they’re trying to finish by thanksgiving (when the school semesters likely ending).

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Most Georgia fans dont even want to play us. Ask them. They have nothing to gain by beating us and a L would undoubtedly knock them from CFP. The Swilling Pickens fight was the last straw. They have completely dismantled us the last 3 decades so why should they want to keep playing us?

I don’t know a single UGA fan that doesn’t want to play GT. Doesn’t mean a big group of others feels differently but I just don’t know any of those folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk