ACC suspends all athletics activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugboy

Staff member
Wow. Had to click into Twitter just to see the check mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
If all schools do it don't see it as a big deal
This is a huge disadvantage if the other conferences don’t follow. The latest from the SEC is that it’s up to the individual schools to decide in regards to spring practice and recruiting. If they all continue and only the ACC stops it’ll be really bad for the conference. There is no way UGA and Bama suspend recruiting operations unless they’re forced to.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Since nobody under the age of 30 has died or even come close to dying from the virus, I just don't get this.
upload_2020-3-12_16-6-3.jpeg

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
This is political BS. Never shuts down for flu. I am 85 and healthy. If I was diabetic, had respiratory issues or other disease resistant issues I would avoid crowds but I wouldn't expect the world to shut down. Same if it were a member of my family. Just have them take more vitamin C and D.
Gotta think of the people that are your age and unhealthy and by limiting congregation it slows the spread to where it might not reach those “at risk”.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
This is political BS. Never shuts down for flu. I am 85 and healthy. If I was diabetic, had respiratory issues or other disease resistant issues I would avoid crowds but I wouldn't expect the world to shut down. Same if it were a member of my family. Just have them take more vitamin C and D.
Sports Leagues across the country are giving up millions in revenue to help promote “political BS” hahaha

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Since nobody under the age of 30 has died or even come close to dying from the virus, I just don't get this.

I’m not in a risk group but my parents are or my grandparents are or my siblings have diabetes or a respiratory condition that puts them at risk. I go to practice or go to a campus visit or a team meeting and I contact someone who does have COVID-19. Then I got home and I come in contact with my family member or person with whom I’m close who is in one of those risk groups and I pass it right along to them. This is a VERY common scenario.

China and Italy have completely shut down and quarantined huge geographic regions. But yes, it’s all because the liberal media is trying to get rid of Trump.
Hate to tell you, but there are a lot of bona fide health professionals who think it is BS. My vascular surgeon told me last week that he believed it had been blown way out of proportion.

I’m not in a risk group but my parents are or my grandparents are or my siblings have diabetes or a respiratory condition that puts them at risk. I go to practice or go to a campus visit or a team meeting and I contact someone who does have COVID-19. Then I got home and I come in contact with my family member or person with whom I’m close who is in one of those risk groups and I pass it right along to them. This is a VERY common scenario.
I can't argue with that.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Sports Leagues across the country are giving up millions in revenue to help promote “political BS” hahaha

At this point it is PR issue and yes, many people actually believe they are protecting the players from a life threatening illness. Fortunately there is absolutely no data to indicate people in the players demographic are severely threatened by the virus at all. Hence why some people believe some outside force has to be driving the decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.