ACC Position Rankings

slugboy

Staff member
I listened to Roddy Jones on the radio yesterday. He’s a fluid and polished speaker who knows more about the ACC and college football than anyone he was on air with.

The coaching staff is building the same kind of secondary that Collins has had at other stops—big strong physical players. That unit should get to be good quickly. And by that I mean better than they are now and better than top 40 good. On defense, I’d expect the next step up out of linebackers, then ends, then DTs. And I think it’s coming.

I think next year’s defense will look respectable. Not earth shattering good, but respectable.

I think we’ll see the same on offense—receiving and running backs step up first, then QB, then OL.

I think OL and interior DL will need time to build depth and strength. One off season of S&C and technical coaching can only do so much.

Schedule is so rough though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I listened to Roddy Jones on the radio yesterday. He’s a fluid and polished speaker who knows more about the ACC and college football than anyone he was on air with.

The coaching staff is building the same kind of secondary that Collins has had at other stops—big strong physical players. That unit should get to be good quickly. And by that I mean better than they are now and better than top 40 good. On defense, I’d expect the next step up out of linebackers, then ends, then DTs. And I think it’s coming.

I think next year’s defense will look respectable. Not earth shattering good, but respectable.

I think we’ll see the same on offense—receiving and running backs step up first, then QB, then OL.

I think OL and interior DL will need time to build depth and strength. One off season of S&C and technical coaching can only do so much.

Schedule is so rough though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great comments! Typically you hear that football teams are built from inside-out, i.e. starting with the trenches. Due to circumstances, it looks like we are building it from outside-in. I agree, by the 3rd season, we should see results.