ACC - Odds to Win Conference 2021

GTBlaze

Banned
Opening odds to win power five conferences were released this week by BetOnline.

ACC:
Clemson 1/8
North Carolina 15/2
Miami Florida 8/1
Florida State 25/1
Louisville 33/1
Virginia Tech 33/1
Wake Forest 33/1
Pittsburgh 40/1
Boston College 50/1
Georgia Tech 50/1
NC State 50/1
Virginia 50/1
Duke 200/1
Syracuse 200/1

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't disagree with those odds of Tech winning the ACC. I do think we have a fighting chance to win the Coastal, though. I'd say, 7/1 on that. Anyone else want to speculate on our chances of winning the Coastal?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree with those odds of Tech winning the ACC. I do think we have a fighting chance to win the Coastal, though. I'd say, 7/1 on that. Anyone else want to speculate on our chances of winning the Coastal?

Id need to investigate schedules a bit but I know I’d lower our odds due to Clemson being in our schedule. The tiers for me are:

UNC, Miami
Tech, Pitt, VPI, UVA
Duke

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Odds to win the Costal are at best 50-1. We start 0-1 as we play Clemson while most don’t. Hard to overcome one loss in an 8 game schedule.

Deleted member 2897

Odds to win the Costal are at best 50-1. We start 0-1 as we play Clemson while most don’t. Hard to overcome one loss in an 8 game schedule.

Clemson is irrelevant. We beat our Coastal opponents, we win the Coastal.

okay, they’re not irrelevant, but they’re not the end all be all.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Opening odds to win power five conferences were released this week by BetOnline.

Georgia Tech 50/1
EF60F861-DC4B-4582-8271-D841573F11CD.jpeg

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is irrelevant. We beat our Coastal opponents, we win the Coastal.

okay, they’re not irrelevant, but they’re not the end all be all.
When was the last time we were competitive with Clemson? When was the last time we went 6-0 in the Costal. In a perfect world at best we are 6-2 in the Costal. 50-1 is probably too low odds. Now I hope I am wrong.

Deleted member 2897

When was the last time we were competitive with Clemson? When was the last time we went 6-0 in the Costal. In a perfect world at best we are 6-2 in the Costal. 50-1 is probably too low odds. Now I hope I am wrong.
Several years ago. But that wasn’t the point.

All I know is this. We lose to UGA, Clemson, ND, Miami, UNC. We will not be favored against VT, Pitt, UVA, BC. We better beat NIU and Ken St but I worry about those games. If Cutcliff gets his QB at Duke going that will be tough. My guess is we could win 5 at best but 1 win is also in the cards. If we fire CDP and change the offense...we can win 6 or 7.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
All I know is this. We lose to UGA, Clemson, ND, Miami, UNC. We will not be favored against VT, Pitt, UVA, BC. We better beat NIU and Ken St but I worry about those games. If Cutcliff gets his QB at Duke going that will be tough. My guess is we could win 5 at best but 1 win is also in the cards. If we fire CDP and change the offense...we can win 6 or 7.
Real questions, not snark.

What type of offense would you like to see us move to? I thought this was the RPO offense that seems to be really popular now. I get not liking the play calling, but does that include changing the offense. Does changing the offense include the blocking schemes? Just allignment? Reads? I'm interested in what you think will make us a better team.

Real questions, not snark.

What type of offense would you like to see us move to? I thought this was the RPO offense that seems to be really popular now. I get not liking the play calling, but does that include changing the offense. Does changing the offense include the blocking schemes? Just allignment? Reads? I'm interested in what you think will make us a better team.
It is not RPO. It is Shotgun Spread that is run in Texas high schools. What offense, go to You tube and watch Coastal Carolina from this year. It is RPO, Triple Option, Pistol...multiple attack.