ACC Network Updates

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
Has anyone actually watched ACCN on Directv. I have the channel but get the screen the shows how to get it. I called and was told I should get it but they have not started broadcasting yet and did not know when they would. I am in Alabama (where the state flower is the dish.)
Bob

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone actually watched ACCN on Directv. I have the channel but get the screen the shows how to get it. I called and was told I should get it but they have not started broadcasting yet and did not know when they would. I am in Alabama (where the state flower is the dish.)
Bob
Same was told to my friend that owns a bar up here in Michigan

Milwaukee

Banned
Direct tv in Flint area won’t have ACC Network until Next Thursday and that’s not 100%.....
What a ****show....

Ryan you probably have it but they just don’t know it yet. I was told the same thing yesterday morning. Try this with your remote search function:

Try this: hit the Menu button on your remote and on the top left use the Search function: just type in the word Clemson until you see Clemson vs GT show up on the right as being available next week. Click on it and see what channel is has listed, and manually enter that channel number. Worked for me. ACCN isn’t even showing up on my guide, so maybe the rep I spoke to wasn’t lying when she said Sep 6. But I found this workaround.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Bob
Yes, I was able to watch last night on DirecTV channel 612. I am in the Atlanta area, FWIW.

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
From Comcast today: "We don’t have an agreement to carry ACC Network at this time, and we haven't determined future channel additions. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a DM! -MRB"

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I was told the same from Spectrum. But low and behold it’s on this morning. The reps on the phones are the problem.

Well, you gave me some hope, but to no avail. Still not available to me. Directv blamed ESPN so I called them, and they at least seemed like they cared, unlike Directv. But ESPN told me that the ACC made the decision to roll the ACCN out gradually across the country, and even though my carrier has it, they can't show it to me until the ACC says so. I don't know if that's the truth or not, since everyone I've talked to has given me a different story.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Direct tv in Flint area won’t have ACC Network until Next Thursday and that’s not 100%.....
What a ****show....

So I'm not the only one. Directv can't (or won't) even tell me when I'll get it in Oklahoma. As I posted earlier, they blame ESPN, and ESPN blames the ACC.

Milwaukee

Banned
Well, you gave me some hope, but to no avail. Still not available to me. Directv blamed ESPN so I called them, and they at least seemed like they cared, unlike Directv. But ESPN told me that the ACC made the decision to roll the ACCN out gradually across the country, and even though my carrier has it, they can't show it to me until the ACC says so. I don't know if that's the truth or not, since everyone I've talked to has given me a different story.

They told me that over the phone as well. Have you tried searching by keyword “Clemson” on your remote in the advanced guide, not the normal grid guide? It will not show up on your normal guide and the customer service will tell you it’s not available until Sep 6.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
They told me that over the phone as well. Have you tried searching by keyword “Clemson” on your remote in the advanced guide, not the normal grid guide? It will not show up on your normal guide and the customer service will tell you it’s not available until Sep 6.

Thanks, Milwaukee. I'll try that and let you know if it works. If it does, I'll buy you a beer or three.

Milwaukee

Banned
So I'm not the only one. Directv can't (or won't) even tell me when I'll get it in Oklahoma. As I posted earlier, they blame ESPN, and ESPN blames the ACC.

Send us a picture of your remote and your guide screen. We got this. The network launched yesterday but the customer service people all have bad info. I’m guessing you have it, I’m guessing we all have it who are supposed to have it. It’s just not fully implemented in the guides yet.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I thought the same DAMN thing... why do GT threads always go the way of jersey colors. Now lets get back to talking about how we can pressure Comcast to pick up the ACCN!
Cancelling your service is the correct answer. Why would Comcast care if their customers are still paying them money.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Send us a picture of your remote and your guide screen. We got this. The network launched yesterday but the customer service people all have bad info. I’m guessing you have it, I’m guessing we all have it who are supposed to have it. It’s just not fully implemented in the guides yet.

Well, I’ve got it now, but it wasn’t easy. Your suggestion took me to a screen that told me it was a pay-per-view channel, so I called Directv for the 4th time in two days. At least I got a rep who knew WTH the ACCN is, unlike the first 3. She told me the first 3 were wrong when they told me it was included in my package, and I needed to order the “sports package”, so I did that. But miracle of miracles, it was free for the next 3 months.

So all the garbage I had been told about my zip code not being eligible was just that.

As soon as I can figure out how to get NFL Sunday Ticket without Directv, I’m switching to Hulu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
There was a pretty good section on Tech on The Huddle preseason show on ACCN. Richt actually waxes poetic for quite a bit about how much he hated us having the 3O. Then they have a pretty good conversation about Collins, Key, and the team. They had been to some fall camp and talked a bit about the energy and potential.