ACC Network Updates

SowegaSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Just got off the phone with Dish. They’re still in negotiations but no promises. I did get a $40 credit off my bill. My contract runs out the 22nd of this month. If nothing changes, i plan to migrate to YoutubeTV. However, i have 1 non Smart TV. Will a ROKU stick for it? It’s the wife’s.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Just got off the phone with Dish. They’re still in negotiations but no promises. I did get a $40 credit off my bill. My contract runs out the 22nd of this month. If nothing changes, i plan to migrate to YoutubeTV. However, i have 1 non Smart TV. Will a ROKU stick for it? It’s the wife’s.

If the non smart TV has an HDMI input, the roku will work.

Android-HDMI-TV-port.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Also, for low bandwidth folk, the ESPN app should work ok, even if YouTube or PSVue or Hulu don't.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Y’all can just stream the game on Reddit. Idk if anyone has previously mentioned it. But there’s a dude on reddit who streams every college football game. 1080HD.

Won’t have to stress yourself over all this. I’ll go back and see who the dude is

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
I cancelled Spectrum three days ago and I’ve been rolling with Hulu Live TV. I have Spectrum 100mbps internet and all is well so far. Picture quality is good. Yesterday, to test bandwidth: I ran a netflix show on my phone, had my computer open surfing the web all while Hulu tv was streaming and all was good for the 15 mins I did it.

Two seasons ago I had PSVue with ATT internet and no buffering throughout the season.

#CutTheCord!

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
My Xfinity bill noted BigXII network added, not ACC Network. Guess I’ll be watching real housewives on Bravo instead of first few Tech games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
But what if the non-smart TV is in another room of the house from my computer? I mean I DO have another computer in the other room, but I have had very little success in accessing the web through the router in the bedroom.

If the wifi doesn't reach the non smart TV then adding a roku (or Amazon fire TV or chromecast) to it won't help since they'd need wifi as well.

You can solve this problem by buying a wifi repeater (shouldn't be more than $35 on Amazon) which will just plug into the wall outlet and relay the wifi with full strength again.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
My Xfinity bill noted BigXII network added, not ACC Network. Guess I’ll be watching real housewives on Bravo instead of first few Tech games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn't aware a BigXII network existed.

Last edited: