ACC Network Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I like Tim Brando. I think he does good work. That said... **** Billy Packer. Two times.

Tim Brando was off his rocker this year. Awful. I think he mailed it in. And I'm not talking stylistically. Just straight up incorrect information that suggested bad prep.

I almost created a dedicated buh-bye Raycom thread a few days ago. I really think it's worth an ice cream party that we get to avoid "the G-Man" and Dan Bonner going forward. Also interested to know if @ESPNjacket can fill us in on what the ACC Network is going to mean for us moving forward.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Tim Brando was off his rocker this year. Awful. I think he mailed it in. And I'm not talking stylistically. Just straight up incorrect information that suggested bad prep.

I almost created a dedicated buh-bye Raycom thread a few days ago. I really think it's worth an ice cream party that we get to avoid "the G-Man" and Dan Bonner going forward. Also interested to know if @ESPNjacket can fill us in on what the ACC Network is going to mean for us moving forward.

The ACC Network will be just like the SEC Network. There will be some good quality football and men's basketball games on it in the first couple of years to drive subscriptions. Other than that, it will have the games that used to be syndicated.

The biggest plus will be the end of the threads about where to find the games on TV. ;)

I like G-Man. He is a good dude. I'd be surprised if he isn't on the ACCN. I don't know if that answers the spirit of the question.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC Network will be just like the SEC Network. There will be some good quality football and men's basketball games on it in the first couple of years to drive subscriptions. Other than that, it will have the games that used to be syndicated.

The biggest plus will be the end of the threads about where to find the games on TV. ;)

I like G-Man. He is a good dude. I'd be surprised if he isn't on the ACCN. I don't know if that answers the spirit of the question.
I like G-Man too. He knows the game and isn't over the top in his style.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

G-Man gets a little off base sometimes, but he's ok. I saw him leaving the ACCT once smoking a cigarette and thought that was pretty funny for some reason.

Bonner is terrible though.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
GMan is ok with me - I can disagree with him sometimes and he is a little bland but that's ok. Bonner is a babbling - I told you so. I can do without him.

My favorite is Dakich when he does announce the ACC. He is an acquired taste but I really think he makes the most observant comments of all the analysts and is quite honest - a good play is a good play, a bad or dumb play is bad or dumb no excuses. He calls it like he sees it. I like the play by play guy with him, Jason Benetti, as well.