ACC Headquarters Officially Moving to Charlotte

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

In a news release, the conference said its new office will be in Charlotte's Bank of America Tower.
“After a comprehensive, inclusive and deliberate process, the [presidents] decided that Charlotte, an amazing and vibrant community, not only meets, but exceeds, the needs of the ACC," Phillips said in the release. "Our new home will provide both known and unknown benefits to our student-athletes, member schools and conference office staff.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
News in RTP said ACC football and basketball tournaments to be held there. I would think Charlotte would be one of the BB sites in the rotation but not what was said on tv today. Definitely has better airport service and offices on the BoA tower are some of the best. What happens to the Greensboro coliseum? Duke, UNC and NCSU will not have as much of a home court advantage in Charlotte but there are a lot of UNC grads there in finance and banking.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The ACC had to hire TWO different consulting firms to help them make the decision to move to a city that literally everyone knew they were moving to. Embarrassing waste of money/resources.
Yeah but secrecy, and plausible deniability, and inside information, and…..
Consulting and search firms are just about totally useless. Just another way to launder money into executives’ pockets.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
NC legislator added $15M to the ACC to remain in NC for the next 15 years. Must host 4 MBB tournaments, 4 WBB tournaments, 4 BB tournaments besides those already scheduled in NC within next 10 years. Football already in Charlotte. So money and better airport were big incentives. Supposedly 80,000 ACC alums in the Charlotte area. I would think a very large percentage are UNC.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
It could all be a mute question when the ACC breaks apart which I see as inevitable, the money difference will force it to happen IMO.