ACC Football 2018 Wild Card Players

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Really impressive to see the Defensive Player of the Year choices. All 4 writers chose Clemson d-linemen and three different ones were selected (see below). Would love for us to have that experience... or even one on the list.

Defensive POY

Christian Wilkins DL, Clemson
Dexter Lawrence DL, Clemson
Christian Wilkins DL, Clemson
Clelin Ferrell DL, Clemson

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Compared to college football, I have no interest in the NFL.

But earlier this year, I heard some NFL guru say that in next year's NFL draft, Clemson would have 6 DL drafted - in the 1st round. Hard to believe if remotely true.

If Camp can get just 3-4 catches per game and maintain the 49 ypc average from last year mentioned in your article the O should do just fine this year!(y)

We haven't had a WR with 3-4 catches/game since Thomas in 2009 but yeah - if that happens, we will whoop dat ***!

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Compared to college football, I have no interest in the NFL.

But earlier this year, I heard some NFL guru say that in next year's NFL draft, Clemson would have 6 DL drafted - in the 1st round. Hard to believe if remotely true.
Some could have gone pro after last year too. Clemson hasn’t just built a machine, they’ve built a culture that is definitely player-friendly.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Jalen Camp looks the part and seems to have every tool needed to succeed. He just has to produce.

I think our bigger wildcard on D is Chimedza, if he plays. Listed at 6'3 300lbs and highly ranked until he committed to us, he seems like he could help on the DL immediately.
If Chimedza came in as a true freshman and played great defense, that would be super. A defensive player that young would certainly energize a fan base in much need of a defensive hero. But as someone mentioned, we need a DB to be the breakout player. Maybe Ajani Kerr is that guy. Camp has not impressed me. I think around the ACC, in this state, and in the media, Benson is totally flying under the radar. He could have a huge year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hmmm......so the only 2 seasons under CPJ that we've had a WR with 3 catches/game are 2009 and 2014. Coincidence?
I think part of the reason was that Bay Bay and Smelter were both good at the smoke route. That play is practically a guaranteed reception. Almost all other passes are of the low percentage variety (deep balls) which have a positive effect even when incomplete.