ACC elects to keep current football schedule format

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
I think 9+1 will only happen if Notre Dame actually joins the conference. Tech, Clemson, Louisville, and FSU already have limited scheduling wiggle room with our every year SEC opponents then you add on the fact that we have to play Dame every 3rd year it gets harder to keep a viable schedule. Would love to see the ACC add two teams and go to a sort of pod system so we can play teams on the other side of the conference more.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think 9+1 will only happen if Notre Dame actually joins the conference. Tech, Clemson, Louisville, and FSU already have limited scheduling wiggle room with our every year SEC opponents then you add on the fact that we have to play Dame every 3rd year it gets harder to keep a viable schedule. Would love to see the ACC add two teams and go to a sort of pod system so we can play teams on the other side of the conference more.
Do you think there is a chance when the SEC goes to a 9 game conference schedule in the not too distant future that UGAG will try to end the yearly series with GT?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
We haven't LOST $500K ... we had an opportunity to get $500K and passed. Two different things.

I like the fact that we can schedule ND and or two SEC schools a year. I'm not sure adding another ACC school does anything for us.

Just my two cents.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Wish they would make it the 8+2 scenario. Leaving at the 8 makes economic sense for multiple reasons that we are all familiar.