ACC Discussion

Deleted member 2897

BTW UNC spent $18M defending their AFAM program. They fired the head FB coach, forced the AD to resign as well as the president. The head of that program also retired but kept his state pension. The entire women's BB recruiting class from the year before all transferred and one one of them was AJ Gray's sister. The current chancellor was told to leave the end of this month rather than complete the academic year over the relocation of a civil war statue on campus that had been ripped down by a student protest. Things are not great in Chapel Hill.

Huh? Mack Brown was rehired and John Swofford runs the ACC.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I absolutely did. And I consider turnovers the biggest concern any bb team has. Drives me nuts to watch us. If we could get to 10-12 turnovers a game, which would be, what 18%?, we’d be VERY hard to beat

You are right, this team would be very hard to beat if we could manage 10-12 turnovers per game. That would go a long way towards not giving our ACC opponents 15 shots per game more than we take. Unfortunately, this team could never get close to 10-12 turnovers per game. 10 would be top 10 in the country. 12 would be top 70. Pastner's stated goal is 11 and I think we have only achieved that in 2 out of 20 games. We are at 15.2 on the season through 20 games which is 310 in the country. We are at 16.4 in ACC play which is 15th (last) in the conference, and would be about 335-340 out of 350-something if that was our season average as opposed to just our conference average. Basically, we are among the bottom 10% in the nation in turnovers. (uga is worse at 16.8 ranked 345 in the country... THWG!)

If we could get it down to 13-14 per game (15%-20% decrease), I think we could pull even with the other bottom of the ACC teams in turnover rate at about 19-20% (we are currently at 24%).

Cls66

Georgia Tech Fan
Has anyone but me become disgusted with the ACC app for iPad. Whoever runs it can’t even get the schedules right. Game results and standing are alway late in being posted . You can get real time results, box scores, etc at espn so I guess that the ACC doesn’t care if they have a crappy app. If the much advertised ACC network that is coming is the same way, I won’t be surprised.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
So how many more ACC games do we win? We are not going to be overlooked the rest of the season so will not sneak up on anyone like syracuse and good game against Duke.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Clemson, Pitt & BC at home are all games we should have a good chance to win. No guarantees, but they're winnable.

FSU at home will be tough, but they have a habit of playing poorly on the road, so possible.

Notre Dame & Miami are two road games we should win. The other four (FSU, VPI, UVA & NC State) are all likely losses.