ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Dakich 1, Greenberg 0

You notice the other official actually steps in after a few seconds to hold TV Teddy back?

I actually think what made me post this was Lebatards rant the other day about coaches selling coaches selling coaches and Greenberg is such a douche. Everyone should make the tourney and everyone is a good coach and everyone is a good ref. He's useless

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I actually think what made me post this was Lebatards rant the other day about coaches selling coaches selling coaches and Greenberg is such a douche. Everyone should make the tourney and everyone is a good coach and everyone is a good ref. He's useless

I blame you for partaking in anything associated with BSPN. I totally agree though with the notion that coaches are afraid to be honest about other college coaches/officials. It's ridiculous and, as you so astutely point out, Greenberg is one of the worst perpetrators.

"Bwah, sure they're 14-17 but they were right in 7 of those losses. They lost a walk-on during the year and, as a former coach who's lookin' ta get back in it -- call me, coach --, ya gotta know that hurt in practice. I just can't believe the committee overlooked these guys! He's got a kid comin' in who, lemme tell ya, he's got offers from a few community colleges and he can really get it done out there. If any 'a you 'r lookin' fer an assistant with experience gimme a call at 555-323-6785 ..."

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I blame you for partaking in anything associated with BSPN. I totally agree though with the notion that coaches are afraid to be honest about other college coaches/officials. It's ridiculous and, as you so astutely point out, Greenberg is one of the worst perpetrators.

"Bwah, sure they're 14-17 but they were right in 7 of those losses. They lost a walk-on during the year and, as a former coach who's lookin' ta get back in it -- call me, coach --, ya gotta know that hurt in practice. I just can't believe the committee overlooked these guys! He's got a kid comin' in who, lemme tell ya, he's got offers from a few community colleges and he can really get it done out there. If any 'a you 'r lookin' fer an assistant with experience gimme a call at 555-323-6785 ..."

The best of Dan Lebatard podcast is the only thing on ESPN I catch with any regularity. Sometimes I don't make it through that either when he starts screaming "WHITE DEVIL WHITE DEVIL"

Deleted member 2897

An 82% FT shooter misses the front end of 1-1 twice!

Imagine being Ok State. Here are what your players did today...and you lost.
Hammonds, 4-6 FG, 1-1 FT
Solomon, 4-6 FG, 0-0 FT
Carroll, 6-8 FG, 4-4 FT
Evans, 10-26 FG, 2-3 FT
Forte, 4-9 FG, 3-3 FT
Dillard, 5-7 FG, 1-2 FT
McGriff, 2-2 FG, 0-0 FT
Waters, 0-0 FG, 3-3 FT
Literally nobody had a bad shooting day, not a single guy.
88% from FT as a team (14-16) and out rebounded Michigan 34-16.

AND THEY LOST.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Michigan was 11/14 from 3....in the second half.
Not just hot, but blazing hot. Walton hitting jab step 3's and tough shots in the lane. Irvin off the dribble, step back 3. Duncan Robinson pulling up from NBA distance. Tough contested shots and they seemed to make all of them down the stretch.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Hmmmmm.... the ACC is not living up to the hype.
Clemson bounced at home after an epic collapse in NIT first round
Syracuse loses at home in NIT 2nd round

Wake and Miami both lose in their first games against teams they should've dominated.
Va Tech loses in first game, but they have played the last two or three weeks without Clark and he's the key to that team
Notre Dame is out in second round and didn't look good losing

So, 6 conference teams are already out. Combined tourney record of 1-2 in NIT and 1-4 in NCAA. Ouch

6 teams still alive. Tech is the only one left in NIT and 5 in NCAA. FSU better not lose to Xavier, though it is possible. UVA is in for a tough game with UF. Tomorrow, I think UNC rolls again & Louisville handles Michigan in a close game. Most likely loss tomorrow is Duke. SC is a terrible matchup for them and it's a home game for the 7 seed. First time that has ever happened in the history of the NCAAT.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck

Wake and Miami both lose in their first games against teams they should've dominated.
Va Tech loses in first game, but they have played the last two or three weeks without Clark and he's the key to that team

So, 6 conference teams are already out. Combined tourney record of 1-2 in NIT and 1-4 in NCAA. Ouch

6 teams still alive. Tech is the only one left in NIT and 5 in NCAA. FSU better not lose to Xavier, though it is possible. UVA is in for a tough game with UF. Tomorrow, I think UNC rolls again & Louisville handles Michigan in a close game. Most likely loss tomorrow is Duke. SC is a terrible matchup for them and it's a home game for the 7 seed. First time that has ever happened in the history of the NCAAT.

Did I miss something? Or are those not cumulative records so far? 6-3 in the NCAA?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

When We have three teams in the final four then I'll say the hype was good

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
It's all about matchups. WVU was not a good matchup for ND.

Tech and Miami were just soso teams playing similar teams who had better days.

I don't think you can analyze NIT. So much of that is where the teams head is

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's all about matchups. WVU was not a good matchup for ND.

Tech and Miami were just soso teams playing similar teams who had better days.

I don't think you can analyze NIT. So much of that is where the teams head is

Did you just refer to vpi as Tech?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I actually thought ND was a bad matchup for WVU they have older players, goood ball handlers, great free throw shooting. I picked ND in every bracket. Colson can't do it alone though. Beachem became Casper in this tournament.