ACC Discussion 2021-22

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Them dudes'll miss a quarter of a game, maybe.

Only surprising thing in all this is that I didn't know K's daughter was asst. AD. I actually commend grandson for not playing the 'do you know who I am' card when he got stopped.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Them dudes'll miss a quarter of a game, maybe.

Only surprising thing in all this is that I didn't know K's daughter was asst. AD. I actually commend grandson for not playing the 'do you know who I am' card when he got stopped.
The pull over was in Orange County, the home of UNC.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If you're Coach K, you publicly execute Savarino to send a message: Not even my own grand son skirts from the law! Of course, with Banchero, he has to start on the bench next game, and Coach K immediately calls a timeout after the tip off to sub him in.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I know people hate Duke but probably little of consequence will come from it.

Savarino is an end of the bench player who won't have much of an impact regardless. I would expect soemthing like a 2 game suspension. In general I would expect anything relate to dui to be compared against Mark Few fwiw.

For Blanchero I would expect the charges dropped fairly quickly. Not because of who he is but because he was charged with aiding and abetting someone who blew a .08.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know people hate Duke but probably little of consequence will come from it.

Savarino is an end of the bench player who won't have much of an impact regardless. I would expect soemthing like a 2 game suspension. In general I would expect anything relate to dui to be compared against Mark Few fwiw.

For Blanchero I would expect the charges dropped fairly quickly. Not because of who he is but because he was charged with aiding and abetting someone who blew a .08.
I think you are correct if that is all there is to the story.

The question Orange County will have is why Blanchero was not driving his own car. Was he too drunk and decided Savarino was the least drunk. Blanchero was in the back seat. Who else was in the front? Was there an adult in the vehicle? Where were they when they purchased and consumed enough alcohol to be DWI? It is very difficult in NC for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase alcohol. Someone helped them.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

The question Orange County will have is why Blanchero was not driving his own car. Was he too drunk and decided Savarino was the least drunk. Blanchero was in the back seat. Who else was in the front? Was there an adult in the vehicle? Where were they when they purchased and consumed enough alcohol to be DWI? It is very difficult in NC for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase alcohol. Someone helped them.

I gotta say, there's no possible way the guy was sitting in the back of his own car.

Whole thing smells fishy.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

I have had multiple kids grow up in NC with a great ability to prove you wrong about how hard it is to get alcohol under 21. Ain't that hard.

Savarino just embarassed the heck out of his granddad. That one will leave a mark regardless of any penalty. Blanchero could get as much as a 3 game suspension - Garner-Webb, Lafayette and the Citadel. He will be back for Gonzaga in LV.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have had multiple kids grow up in NC with a great ability to prove you wrong about how hard it is to get alcohol under 21. Ain't that hard.
They had to have help. The bars and restaurants are carding everyone who isn't already on Medicare. Don't even think about buying at an ABC store without ID. Convenience stores are the only places left and police are watching them. These kids got the alcohol somewhere, but they had to have help from an adult.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
They had to have help. The bars and restaurants are carding everyone who isn't already on Medicare. Don't even think about buying at an ABC store without ID. Convenience stores are the only places left and police are watching them. These kids got the alcohol somewhere, but they had to have help from an adult.
I think you underestimate the ingenuity of 19/20 year olds. :)

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
It’s absolutely pathetic that Coach K let Banchero play tonight, but I guess we should expect that scumbag to continue to have no integrity.