ACC Discussion 2020

Milwaukee

Banned
Understood. I knew they weren't doing it through TV or ticket sales. Regardless, they have earned their keep. That should keep them viable. The sports that are feeding at the trough through the blood, sweat and tears of others need to be trimmed.
*cough* all women’s sports *cough*

What? Who said that??

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Even after the results were in the ACC still said Clemson abided by the protocols and the game was on, if both teams agreed.
Crazy, right?
No, I don't think so. But, that is why each team's doctor has veto power over whether his team participates.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
*cough* all women’s sports *cough*

What? Who said that??

I am advocating getting rid of anything that doesn't add to the bottom line/pay it's own way no matter if it's men's, women's, or any of the various other genders. Doesn't matter.

slugboy

Staff member
Clemson Athletics will discontinue its men's track and field and cross-country program at the conclusion of the 2020-21 athletic season, Director of Athletics Dan Radakovich announced Thursday.
As one of the people who would watch a track meet (and ran in them back when), this is sad.
To boot, wrestling is dwindling out even in the B1G

Milwaukee

Banned
I am advocating getting rid of anything that doesn't add to the bottom line/pay it's own way no matter if it's men's, women's, or any of the various other genders. Doesn't matter.
Same here, I’m just speaking facts about women’s athletics. They’re not profitable. Cut them all when they’re not.

Milwaukee

Banned
As one of the people who would watch a track meet (and ran in them back when), this is sad.
To boot, wrestling is dwindling out even in the B1G
Yea it’s crazy. I know Iowa used to be a wrestling power not sure if they still are, but I’d be surprised if they turn profits. Someone showed me numbers from Tennessee and UCONN women’s basketball programs years ago and I was blown away at the figures. Women’s sports are a burden and a drain on the bank accounts, but let’s let everyone play right? What tf for?

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So what you are really advocating is we drop down in divisions and leave the ACC since we wouldn’t meet the requirements. If you’re advocating that ALL schools do it go for it. If you’re advocating Tech do it you are just getting yourself worked up about something that isn’t going to happen.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So what you are really advocating is we drop down in divisions and leave the ACC since we wouldn’t meet the requirements. If you’re advocating that ALL schools do it go for it. If you’re advocating Tech do it you are just getting yourself worked up about something that isn’t going to happen.
I'm really not all that worked up tbh.You must not have read the last page or two. I realize the rules mandate X number of sports, i am saying that if things continue down the same path it would make sense econoically to trim the fat.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea it’s crazy. I know Iowa used to be a wrestling power not sure if they still are, but I’d be surprised if they turn profits. Someone showed me numbers from Tennessee and UCONN women’s basketball programs years ago and I was blown away at the figures. Women’s sports are a burden and a drain on the bank accounts, but let’s let everyone play right? What tf for?
I’m pretty sure you’re being rhetorical, but I’d note anyway that “Title IX” basically requires promotion, and under certain circumstances, expansion of women’s sports. Can’t imagine that being repealed at this time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Title IX means that Men's Olympic sports will be cut first (swimming/diving, CC/T&F, tennis, etc.). Think about how many Women's teams it takes to match the 105 players on the Men's FB team. Basketball is a wash. The fact that GT is closer to 50:50 (61:39) in population now.