ACC Discussion 2020

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Notre Dame’s losses since 2017
  • 2017 (10-3)
    • #15 Georgia (20-19) UGA lost the natty in OT​
    • @ #7 Miami (30-3) Miami finished 10-3 ranked #13 with losses to unranked Pitt, #1 Clemson, and #6 Wisconsin​
    • @ #20 Stanford (38-20) who went 9-5, with 4 of their losses coming to ranked teams​
      • Notre Dame beat #11 USC, #14 NC St, and #16 LSU​
  • 2018 (12-1)
    • #2 Clemson (30-3) The eventual national champion in the CFP. Clemson beat Alabama 44-16 in the championship​
      • Notre Dame beat #14 Michigan, #7 Stanford, #24 Virginia Tech, #12 Syracuse​
  • 2019 (11-2)
    • @ #3 Georgia (23-17) had a chance to tie the game or take the lead on their last drive in the 4th​
    • @ #19 Michigan (45-15) no silver lining here, but it was pouring rain the entire game​
      • Notre Dame beat #18 Virginia and #21 Navy.​
So, over 3 years Notre Dame is 33-6, with all 6 losses coming against ranked teams. 2 of those losses came from teams that played in the CFP that year. 4 of them were on the road, and only 1 was at home. They are 9-6 against ranked teams in that time frame. If that’s your barometer for being overrated then sign me up. I’d love for Tech to be overrated.
I'd take that for sure

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Will the transitive property folks say anything about FSU beating UNC 24-0? Or Louisville playing Notre Dame to a 1 score game on the road? Doubt it. But they’ll damn sure bring up Cuse’s loss. It’s almost like transitive property is a stupid concept when you apply it to sports, especially college football.

Deleted member 2897

Will the transitive property folks say anything about FSU beating UNC 24-0? Or Louisville playing Notre Dame to a 1 score game on the road? Doubt it. But they’ll damn sure bring up Cuse’s loss. It’s almost like transitive property is a stupid concept when you apply it to sports, especially college football.

We could finish with anywhere from 3 to 8 wins. It’s up to our guys to shake out the hangover from this game and get ready for the next. None of our remaining opponents have looked that good, except maybe Miami.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm watching Bama/UGAg and not UNC/FSU but what's going on there just seems like peak Coastal. You can take the teams out of the division but you can't take the Coastal out of the teams.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Trevor with the Pick Six! Guess it’s time to reset that interception streak yet again.
If only we forced Pick-6's last week like Syracuse today. Ya know, no pressure on Lawrence, WR running wide open, and Trevor just misses him and the WR pops it in the air for the DB.

Clemson looks lethargic. Had a punt blocked, enabling a 20 yard Cuse TD drive. Snapped a ball over Lawrence's head. Lot of unforced stuff beyond generally lacking a sense of urgency.

In fairness 'Cuse is playing better than we did. I think their D is at least middle of the pack ACC, minimum.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

If only we forced Pick-6's last week like Syracuse today. Ya know, no pressure on Lawrence, WR running wide open, and Trevor just misses him and the WR pops it in the air for the DB.

Clemson looks lethargic. Had a punt blocked, enabling a 20 yard Cuse TD drive. Snapped a ball over Lawrence's head. Lot of unforced stuff beyond generally lacking a sense of urgency.

In fairness 'Cuse is playing better than we did. I think their D is at least middle of the pack ACC, minimum.

Clemson isn’t even as good as Liberty apparently. 😃

Milwaukee

Banned
Obviously.

I'm just trying to anticipate how the result of Syracuse looking good vs. Clemson and Louisville beating FSU will be used to indict GT as being worse than previously thought. Zero sum game regardless of results, but we have some creative folks here.
Yep. Remember when people said that Trevor Lawrence passed for 404 yards on purpose to make fun of GT? He and his receiver were both in on the conspiracy as Lawrence’s last pass went for 8yards on a 3rd and 4. The receiver obviously let himself get tackled after getting 4 yards past the sticks. Creative folks here indeed.😂

Deleted member 2897

Obviously.

I'm just trying to anticipate how the result of Syracuse looking good vs. Clemson and Louisville beating FSU will be used to indict GT as being worse than previously thought. Zero sum game regardless of results, but we have some creative folks here.
Louisville destroying FSU is the better outcome since we destroyed Louisville. But I am sure there is a negative angle somewhere that Ken Segura could figure out.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Obviously.

Way too convoluted to go down that path, but I will just say the obvious - we are not a good football team, we are not a fair football team, we are not a mediocre football team. We are pretty bad right now, but we do have some players that give me some hope, but until the lines are rebuilt into P5 players (and linebackers on D), I think we are rightfully in the bottom 25. Right now, our weapons on O give us a "chance" in many games, but it will take disciplined, mistake free play to win most.

Deleted member 2897

Way too convoluted to go down that path, but I will just say the obvious - we are not a good football team, we are not a fair football team, we are not a mediocre football team. We are pretty bad right now, but we do have some players that give me some hope, but until the lines are rebuilt into P5 players (and linebackers on D), I think we are rightfully in the bottom 25. Right now, our weapons on O give us a "chance" in many games, but it will take disciplined, mistake free play to win most.

WTF are you drinking?

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
WTF are you drinking?
Not enough juice, apparently....

Lt. Aldo Raine "Obligeee him."

Drink up @AlabamaBuzz

Drinking Juice GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY