ACC Discussion 2020

Deleted member 2897

Duke will start 0-2 in ACC play again. In the last 25 years, they’ve finished in dead last place in the entire ACC 12 times. I’m still pissed the ACC Media picked us instead of them to finish last. They are almost always last for Pete’s sake.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Hawkins for Louisville and Harris for Miami are good backs. We will have our hands full with them.
Ranking our toughest opponents left imo:
Clemson
ND
Miami
Louisville
BC
Pitt
Duke
NC state
Cuse

slugboy

Staff member
A couple of years ago, I was looking forward to the “different” 3-4 scheme that Woody was bringing from App State. Louisville runs that scheme (and has almost all of the App State coaches). It reminds me you have to take the good with the bad. Some of this is coaching, but Miami could pretty much dial a touchdown against them by using an unbalanced formation

Here’s some more running to the wrong place (or having bad assignments—I’m not sure which):

Miami might be good this year.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
A couple of years ago, I was looking forward to the “different” 3-4 scheme that Woody was bringing from App State. Louisville runs that scheme (and has almost all of the App State coaches). It reminds me you have to take the good with the bad. Some of this is coaching, but Miami could pretty much dial a touchdown against them by using an unbalanced formation

Here’s some more running to the wrong place (or having bad assignments—I’m not sure which):

Miami might be good this year.

Watching that game I am more convinced we can beat Louisville running the ball and doing quick swing passes to the RBs out of the backfield. I also don't think Miami looks unbeatable. IF we just pressure King and keep him in check we win the game.

Miami's kicker is legit though!

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching that game I am more convinced we can beat Louisville running the ball and doing quick swing passes to the RBs out of the backfield. I also don't think Miami looks unbeatable. IF we just pressure King and keep him in check we win the game.

Miami's kicker is legit though!

Yeah but their kicker will always be runner up to the greatest Miami kicker of all time: 🤣
1600614360328.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

Jeff Sims at #2 in the ACC in passing yards. Quez Jackson 1 tackle out of #1 in the ACC.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Jeff Sims at #2 in the ACC in passing yards. Quez Jackson 1 tackle out of #1 in the ACC.
I am happy with Sims' overall, but I doubt he thinks his play yesterday was something to brag about. UCF DC switched some things around and he missed some key reads. I am also concerned that he seems off on his throws down field. This is all fixable with time, and I have to remember that UCF was a huge step up from FSU.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am happy with Sims' overall, but I doubt he thinks his play yesterday was something to brag about. UCF DC switched some things around and he missed some key reads. I am also concerned that he seems off on his throws down field. This is all fixable with time, and I have to remember that UCF was a huge step up from FSU.
I hear what you're saying. I'm not "concerned" because these are things I expected to see from a True Freshman. As long as he's progressing, his starting point is high enough for us to win more than we're going to lose. With his progression through the season, I expect we'll see better games against really good talent in the second half of the season.

I don't think UCF's defense was a huge step up from Florida State's.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I hear what you're saying. I'm not "concerned" because these are things I expected to see from a True Freshman. As long as he's progressing, his starting point is high enough for us to win more than we're going to lose. With his progression through the season, I expect we'll see better games against really good talent in the second half of the season.

I don't think UCF's defense was a huge step up from Florida State's.
You may be right. Visually, we just did not have the right mix of something this week. I think we had seven TFL against us and that is just too many.

slugboy

Staff member
I think UCFs defensive line was more disruptive than FSUs, with the batted balls (including one for an INT as I recall). I’d take FSU’s Samuel over anyone on UCFs defense, but overall I’d say UCF played better defense last week.
UCFs DL was fast and to me their DTs were effective.

Milwaukee

Banned

Is it just ACC or is it everyone? It’s been a disaster with the e-whistles and was a product of people just over thinking. It’s gonna lead to injuries if people continue to use them. There have been countless times already where half the players on the field hear the e-whistle and half don’t. At some point the players that hear the e-whistle are gonna get killed by the players that didn’t hear it. Good for the ACC to correct this silliness and attempt to get back to common sense.

Deleted member 2897

So frustrating that we couldn’t beat a very beatable Syracuse team. Duke is the only team in the Coastal who isn’t undefeated. They’re once again headed straight for last place in the ACC - this will be the 13th time in the last 26 years they finish dead last. I sure to God hope were not playing them for that honor in November. So far, the Coastal is showing out.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wow they think we’re going to get spanked by BC, too. That’s interesting.

At this point, I just hope they are right about Duke. If not, not sure where another win can come from, unless we suddenly start playing fundamentally strong and without errors. I think for us to win again, we need a team to make multiple errors more than us.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
At this point, I just hope they are right about Duke. If not, not sure where another win can come from, unless we suddenly start playing fundamentally strong and without errors. I think for us to win again, we need a team to make multiple errors more than us.

I am not convinced that we do not belong in that last tier with FSU and Duke but we will see.