ACC Discussion 2020-21

runnerbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I was watching the Kansas-Texas Tech game last night when Mitch Lightfoot subbed into the game. He was 4* recruit in 2015! And, if I am correct, he can play again next year. This is what staying old is all about. I wonder if KU players can get comp tickets for their grandchildren?
BYU must have guys that are older than Pastner

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Carolina beats ND for their first win. Overcomes 25 by Lazewski (7 for 11 from 3) by outrebounding ND 48 to 27. It was volleyball for real. Gives a little more credit to Usher and Moses for keeping things reasonably close with UNC on the boards.

Deleted member 2897

Our Kentucky win still looks shaky. Kentucky needed 2 overtime’s to beat lowly Mississippi State. Crazy how teams like UNC and Kentucky can have so much talent but struggle to win games.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Both of those teams are limited bytalented but freshman guards. and in this weird year I assume they are both affected by the same practice issues we had. Even if they had somewhat more contact/full practice in the fall they still lost Summer. I expect both to be better by year end

Deleted member 2897

Updated NET rankings for ACC teams:
8) Virginia
21) Florida State
40) Syracuse
42) Louisville
49) Virginia Tech
51) North Carolina
53) Clemson
56) Georgia Tech
58) Pittsburgh
85) NC State
90) Duke
96) Notre Dame
109) Wake Forest
132) Boston College
149) Miami

Rather than argue about how silly some of these seem, I'd rather look at it from the perspective of how many games we can actually win in the ACC this year. According to this, there are only 2 teams significantly better than us. We can definitely win a lot of games this year if we keep playing at this level.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Updated NET rankings for ACC teams:
8) Virginia
21) Florida State
40) Syracuse
42) Louisville
49) Virginia Tech
51) North Carolina
53) Clemson
56) Georgia Tech
58) Pittsburgh
85) NC State
90) Duke
96) Notre Dame
109) Wake Forest
132) Boston College
149) Miami

Rather than argue about how silly some of these seem, I'd rather look at it from the perspective of how many games we can actually win in the ACC this year. According to this, there are only 2 teams significantly better than us. We can definitely win a lot of games this year if we keep playing at this level.
Did anyone imagine before the season that our game against Duke at Cameron Indoor would be a quad 2 opportunity?

Deleted member 2897

I think we might the favorite in this game. Could you have imagined that scenario in October?

If everyone just went off ratings and stats, we would be the favorite on the road by 3-5 points. But it is Duke, and they have all the talent and coaching in the world, so I don't begrudge anybody for saying Duke should be 3-5 point favorites.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I haven't watched the ACC much outside of the teams we've played. I know UNC and Duke are struggling this season.

Outside of UVA and FSU, what other teams in the ACC have looked as good as us? UVA is currently first in the ACC, and there were large stretches against them where we looked totally dominant.