ACC Discussion 2020-21

Deleted member 2897

Lol... after getting wrecked at home and dropping to 2-2. Coach K questions whether the NCAA should continue to allow the basketball season to continue... I'd bet money his tune would be different at 4-0.

HA! What difference does it make? COVID is less deadly than the flu for the kids he coaches. Everyone is safer the way they are now than if they were released and got involved with the regular college social activities. What a rat-faced cry baby ***** he is.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
You keep harping on the "less deadly than the flu," and that is not even a data point in the decision process.
More deadly and contagious than the flu from what I understand, but I agree with bwelbo in that the kids have less risk of getting COVID and spreading it if they are involved in their typical routine of practicing and playing basketball/football/etc as a team with the given restrictions rather than being out in the student body and/or their communities with none of the testing or restrictions that are in place for student athletes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

0_0.gif

Eta: Ncaa to Tuscaloosa in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Can't lose any more non conference games if ya don't play them.....

They only had two non con games left. One was against Charleston Southern who has paused all basketball activities anyways. The other is against Gardner Webb which is a game that was already postponed once.

Deleted member 2897

You keep harping on the "less deadly than the flu," and that is not even a data point in the decision process.

Sneaky, not copying the people you respond to.

That fact matters, otherwise who cares. Should we suspend basketball because of how many people die of the flu? prostate cancer? Etc? We’ve had more players miss games from being sick with the flu than Covid in the last 1-2 years. We kept playing.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sneaky, not copying the people you respond to.

That fact matters, otherwise who cares. Should we suspend basketball because of how many people die of the flu? prostate cancer? Etc? We’ve had more players miss games from being sick with the flu than Covid in the last 1-2 years. We kept playing.
Please accept my apology. I should have tagged you explicitly.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Miami has crazy injury issues. The best team I’ve seen in ACC so far has been Clemson. I’m surprised BC is this bad. They have a lot more talent than recent years.

Deleted member 2897

Wow, the ACC is not good. Miami just lost to FGCU and UNC struggling with NC Central.

BC must be really awful. Syr beat them by 45 and it wasn't that close.

Maybe we can put together enough ACC wins this season

12-8 BABY! 17-10 and we’re in no question.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, the ACC is not good. Miami just lost to FGCU and UNC struggling with NC Central.

BC must be really awful. Syr beat them by 45 and it wasn't that close.

Maybe we can put together enough ACC wins this season
Not sure what was up with BC, but today they were awful. They played like they were doing a walk-through / token pressure scrimmage. It's strange because BC's prior performances did not align with today's product.

Deleted member 2897

Not sure what was up with BC, but today they were awful. They played like they were doing a walk-through / token pressure scrimmage. It's strange because BC's prior performances did not align with today's product.

Explanation: 2020. 🤷‍♂️