ACC Coastal-- What Ga Tech Players Stood Out?

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
If you have access to the paywall article on MyAJC.com, there was some love for Qua Searcy and KeShun Freeman.

Entertainingly enough, the linebacker from Va Tech seems not to have noticed as #11 snuck by them to rip off a 53-yd touchdown run. And ran for 121 yds on the day, with another touchdown. He says, simply, "Nobody really stuck out."

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...players-stuck-out-you/I8Qqc6a3wGhDaQUQE9YZQO/

Also, MyAJC.com is doing the annual position group projections for the Jackets right now. If you haven't seen those yet. They've already featured WR's, O-line and the A-backs.

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If you have access to the paywall article on MyAJC.com, there was some love for Qua Searcy and KeShun Freeman.

Entertainingly enough, the linebacker from Va Tech seems not to have noticed as #11 snuck by them to rip off a 53-yd touchdown run. And ran for 121 yds on the day, with another touchdown. He says, simply, "Nobody really stuck out."

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...players-stuck-out-you/I8Qqc6a3wGhDaQUQE9YZQO/

Also, MyAJC.com is doing the annual position group projections for the Jackets right now. If you haven't seen those yet. They've already featured WR's, O-line and the A-backs.

Bentley Spain, offensive tackle, North Carolina

“I’m not going to say one in specific, but I think that they have a very good defense, and it’s always a challenge playing them.”​

LOL. Ken forgot to add the sarcasm emoji

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
☝Now that gave me warm and fuzzies :)

Not many think our O is a gimmick anymore. They equate our guys as a bunch of tough SOBs....which they are.

Probably a bit of reflection as to why our recruiting is on the uptick also.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
The article has been re-worked now. Gone is the VT Linebacker saying that no one stood out. Some few comments have been added to the article that weren't there when I posted.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
The article has been re-worked now. Gone is the VT Linebacker saying that no one stood out. Some few comments have been added to the article that weren't there when I posted.
Ahhh....I looked at the new article with the later link. Got it. Nevermind.

northgajacket

Banned
RB, Miami

;)

Figured that much, but I always get a kick out of guys who aren't necessarily stars themselves saying they're opponents are nobodies. By star I mean someone like Tebow, Peterson or Bush in college. Walton has good stats but I don't think he is in their league in terms of star power.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Bentley Spain, offensive tackle, North Carolina

“I’m not going to say one in specific, but I think that they have a very good defense, and it’s always a challenge playing them.”​

LOL. Ken forgot to add the sarcasm emoji

He can't be serious. But then from an individual player's perspective, our defense may have been doing things that day that stuck in his mind as difficult to deal with or innovative or perhaps the player he was up against impressed him. Who knows? I am sure he had his reasons.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
He can't be serious. But then from an individual player's perspective, our defense may have been doing things that day that stuck in his mind as difficult to deal with or innovative or perhaps the player he was up against impressed him. Who knows? I am sure he had his reasons.

C'mon.

Not counting end of halves, they had the ball 9 times: 1punt, 2FG, and 6TD.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
C'mon.

Not counting end of halves, they had the ball 9 times: 1punt, 2FG, and 6TD.

There you go destroying my narrative with conflicting facts. Shame on you. Anyway, I guess he was trying to be nice even though UNC went up and down the field practically, as you noted, unimpeded by our defense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Against duke and Virginia about the same except for turnovers.

We pretty much moved at will on offense .
Oh to hear the name of the opponents punter