ACC Coaches Anonymously Talk about Conference Foes

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Ouch, I like the candid answers, but we arent highly regarded in this league. It even shows while CPJ was still there. Got a lot to prove this season IMO. If we can finish top 3 in the coastal, I will consider this year as a tremendous success.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Yikes about the Offensive Line comments. But this is where our coaches make the big bucks. Just improve every week.
I think we all knew the O Line was gonna be rough this year. But I believe that Brent Key is the best line coach in the country and he will have some studlies in there very soon!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Good I hope everyone over looks us. I still say 7 wins and maybe 1 more. I don't think we will be that bad on offense if the OC calls plays to fit our players. As far as pass blocking now that we will throw short and medium passes you don't have to hold ( yes hold) you man as long. Don't grab his jersey or tackle him they won't call it , at least they didn't call it on the teams we played

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Here's what they had to say about our line in 2014: "They have some good running backs – they’ll always have that – but overall we felt they had one of the worst offensive lines in the league. There’s just not really an imposing or athletic presence there."

I think these guys don't really have any perspective that's somehow new or worth much of anything.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Here's what they had to say about our line in 2014: "They have some good running backs – they’ll always have that – but overall we felt they had one of the worst offensive lines in the league. There’s just not really an imposing or athletic presence there."

I think these guys don't really have any perspective that's somehow new or worth much of anything.
You know, these types of answers all depend on your frame of reference. If they are coming from a background of a vertical passing attack offense, then that is probably a valid statement. Instead if they look at it from the perspective of "who will do better having to pull every play and having to get out in space to block smaller, faster players?", then that statement is patently false - as we all saw by how well our offensive line played in 2014...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ugh, the Army DC is now at unc.

We really need this oct 5 game.

I am going to enjoy that game - we should be getting our " defense" act together by then.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Lol. We beat most of these jokers who are saying we were asleep for a long time. Really? If that's true, then they must have been dead. With the exception of one or two programs, I don't think they are very realistic about themselves.

Even Clemson can only claim to have owned us for the past four years...and they've owned almost everyone in that span. The five years before that it was even, and we owned them for the five or six years before that period. I guess you don't get to be a football coach by being particularly smart.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
i am pretty sure duke has owned us iirc the last 4-5 years

Clemson certainly has

Isnt miami like 3-1 vs us the last 4 years as well?

I mean the last four years of gt football has largely been .500 ball.

So for these coaches to say this is not a stretch to me and quit frankly our record in the last 4 years kinda shows.

I read the quotes. And they seem to read not much different then posts here

Defense slower less physical and not good. Yup

OL an enigma and not very good. Yup

Transitioning with old personnel could be a challenge. Yup. It could.

No Te yup. True

WR largely blocked and possession types that ran a limited route tree so we will see. Yup.

We have all said the same darn things

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I thought that our 2014 o-line was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Lol. We beat most of these jokers who are saying we were asleep for a long time. Really? If that's true, then they must have been dead. With the exception of one or two programs, I don't think they are very realistic about themselves.

Even Clemson can only claim to have owned us for the past four years...and they've owned almost everyone in that span. The five years before that it was even, and we owned them for the five or six years before that period. I guess you don't get to be a football coach by being particularly smart.

We've lost to Clemson 7 of the last 9 years.

Carry on.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There’s no way a head coach within the conference knows so little about us that he would say we have no TE’s. A lot of this sounds way too catty and uninformed to be anyone who spends a great deal of time on the gridiron. Probably either random fans or even just fabricated quotes by the writer. Unless Cutcliffe said most of them; no statement is too petty for him.