ACC Championship Odds

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ACC betting odds
No surprise at top.
We have 3 above,3 below in coastal
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...is-clemson-worth-it-as-such-a-heavy-favorite/
Just pulling out the table

upload_2019-6-4_12-54-34.png

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think there are few things off. UVA and Syracuse over us, is a bad call. I think BC will be better than us, on the other side of the coin. Also, until we can actually beat Duke... we shouldn't rate higher. Just my thoughts. It's a crap shoot....
Extending that logic...

Did you forget that VT can't beat us?
So we should be higher than VT.

And that Duke can't beat VT?
So VT should be higher than Duke.

... is not logical.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Extending that logic...

Did you forget that VT can't beat us?
So we should be higher than VT.

And that Duke can't beat VT?
So VT should be higher than Duke.

... is not logical.

As a very wise man once said, "there is no transitive property in college football."

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This matches up with what I was thinking. I have us going 3 - 5 in ACC and 4 - 1 non con for 7 - 6 season beating Citadel, USF, Temple, Duke, UNC, Pitt, and winning bowl.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I think there are few things off. UVA and Syracuse over us, is a bad call. I think BC will be better than us, on the other side of the coin. Also, until we can actually beat Duke... we shouldn't rate higher. Just my thoughts. It's a crap shoot....

UVA should be pretty good. They really should have beaten us last year. First game in awhile where it felt we got a ton of breaks go our way.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think the 2019 ACC Championship Game will be 11-1 Clemson against 10-2 Virginia.
I’m still not sold on uva. Perkins is a scrambler and if he gets hurt they have no one behind him. On paper, Miami looks the part to be the Costal favorite. This side of the league such a train wreck Pitt could win it again. Or us lol.
I still think this season could’ve been PJ’s shot at Charlotte with the uncertainty of the division.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m still not sold on uva. Perkins is a scrambler and if he gets hurt they have no one behind him. On paper, Miami looks the part to be the Costal favorite. This side of the league such a train wreck Pitt could win it again. Or us lol.
I still think this season could’ve been PJ’s shot at Charlotte with the uncertainty of the division.

Agreed. I’m thinking UVA, just because fate has a way with the Coastal, and 7 teams in 7 years would be an apt illustration.

That being said, yep - I think this would have been a good year for CPJ. I almost wonder if those putting together this ranking (FamDuel) aren’t just going off of previous data, which would put us squarely in the middle under CPJ, but not account for the coaching change.

Either way, given the fundamental changes (& the undersized/inexperienced OL), I’m hopeful we can weather the transition and come up with a ranking like the above this year. In my mind, that season would be a resounding success given the circumstances. Here’s hoping!