ACC & CFB playoffs....

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
If the season ended today, the Big 8,12 would be left out and it would be easy to set the brackets.
But, while Clemson & Louisville have their tough games behind them, the remainder have at least two tough games left on their schedule. My predictions.
Alabama loses to either LSU or Auburn.
Washington loses to either Cal, USC, or in CG.
OU wins the Big 8,12 with two losses.
Michigan loses to either Ohio St, or CG.
Only one team has lost this late and made the playoffs (MicSt) last year.

My predictions:
Clemson, Louisville, And toss up between Michigan, Ohio state, Washington, OU, Bama, Auburn, LSU, UF, and maybe one I forgot. Could get interesting.

Jmonty71

Banned
Alabama will be undefeated
Clemson will be undefeated
Michigan undefeated
I think a 1 loss Washington, gets the nod. I don't think the country is quite pro ACC yet. Louisville will take their frustration out on some team, in Jan 1 bowl. Probably a team like OU.

Jmonty71

Banned
Now, let's go to a hypothetical question.

If Auburn beats Bama. Auburn goes to the SEC champion, given Auburn goes undefeated the rest of the year. So, that's Auburn vs. Florida. Let's say, Florida wins. In this scenario, does the SEC get a team into the playoffs? It could happen.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Auburn is legit. That team has found the spark that it takes to win games. They do have the best shot of anyone of beating the tide. Would be very interesting to see that scenario.

Jmonty71

Banned
Auburn is legit. That team has found the spark that it takes to win games. They do have the best shot of anyone of beating the tide. Would be very interesting to see that scenario.
It would be interesting to see if the SEC bias pushes a team into the playoffs, whether it's deserved or not.

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It would be interesting to see if the SEC bias pushes a team into the playoffs, whether it's deserved or not.
A one loss sec team will not be left out of playoffs even if for some reason they aren't conference champs. SECSPN will make sure of this!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
A one loss sec team will not be left out of playoffs even if for some reason they aren't conference champs. SECSPN will make sure of this!

Yeah, but LOLvl is SECish and has the leading candidate for the Heisman. If their only loss is to an undefeated pwr5 conf champ, it'd be hard to put a 2 loss conf champ or a nonchamp with a worse loss in over them.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Alabama will be in the playoffs regardless. They could lose out and you will hear the spin doctors say that their losses just prove how tough the SEC is and that's all the more reason for them to be in.

With that being said, I don't think Bama loses until the playoffs.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The SEC champ whether Alabama, Florida, or Auburn provided they have at most 1 loss, deserves a spot over a 1 loss Louisville. Any tiebreaker scenario should go to a conference champ.

Washington is not going to lose and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Wisconsin wins the Big10.

Auburn already has two losses (Clemson and Texas A&M). If UF loses to LSU (distinct possibility) and then turns around and upsets Auburn or Alabama in the SEC title games...then the SEC champ would have TWO losses, not one. Then what do you do? let the SEC Champ with TWO losses in over Louisville? I think they will (especially if it is Auburn), but do think it would be an example of ESPNSEC bias.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Auburn already has two losses (Clemson and Texas A&M). If UF loses to LSU (distinct possibility) and then turns around and upsets Auburn or Alabama in the SEC title games...then the SEC champ would have TWO losses, not one. Then what do you do? let the SEC Champ with TWO losses in over Louisville? I think they will (especially if it is Auburn), but do think it would be an example of ESPNSEC bias.
I'll take a 2 loss SEC champ Auburn team the way they're playing right now over a 1-Loss Louisville too. Unless there is a clear distinction between two teams, I prefer the conference champ.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I'll take a 2 loss SEC champ Auburn team the way they're playing right now over a 1-Loss Louisville too. Unless there is a clear distinction between two teams, I prefer the conference champ.

No way you can do that. I thought the playoff is about getting the 4 best teams instead of automatic bids like March Madness? If we going to go the automatic bid route the playoffs need to 6-8 teams

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
No way you can do that. I thought the playoff is about getting the 4 best teams instead of automatic bids like March Madness? If we going to go the automatic bid route the playoffs need to 6-8 teams
If Auburn has a loss to the same team Louisville does plus one other loss to a very good team and beat Alabama then who's to say who's better between Louisville and Auburn? I'd take the tiebreaker of a conference champion with an extra game won on their schedule. Same thing if OSU won out. I don't care the OSU lost to Penn St and Louisville lost to Clemson and I hate the quality loss argument. The committee should put the best 4 in and not automatic bids but if there's ever a close scenario, put in the conference champion and avoid the subjective crap.