Georgia Tech at Northwestern / GT
Virginia at Maryland / UVA
Duke at Wisconsin / Wiscy

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Rutgers 69
Clemson 64
Clemson choked a 7 pt lead with 7 to play. They look lost without KJ McDaniels, just not a good defensive squad. Just 4-3 on the season with 2 losses to Big South teams (almost a third to High Point)

Nebraska 70
FSU 65
FSU is hurting with injuries, need to get Thomas and Bookert back. 3-4 on the season.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC is 5-0 down to the Big ten already. It might be over tonight.. before any of the games tip off tomorrow. Wow..

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NC State lost to Purdue.
Miami beat Illinois and appears more & more for real every day and is still getting a couple of players back for ACC season.
Louisville going to the wire with Buckeyes and former recruit Anas Osama Mahmoud is in the game at crunch time.

The fix for the ACC was in on the Louisville game though as Karl Hess is there.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah..ole Karl F'd me tonight. I had Ohio St. + 8.5(L'ville won by 9)..the bogus lane violation he called at the end of the game gave Harrell another chance that he knocked down. That one FT cost me the cover.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So my thoughts
BC - trying to build a different system with a new coach. Much more solid defensive team but I don't think he has the players he wants. Will likely be a sub .500 team, but not an easy win

Clemson - They are really missing McDaniels, especially on defense. They simply don't look like a Brownwell defensive team right now. DRad gave Brownwell a big extension with a significant buyout.

Duke - Their win over WI is the most impressive win by any team this year imo. The Kohl Center is an extremely difficult play to win and they controlled that game.

FSU - They are really hurting with Thomas and Bookert out. They really don't have a PG right now and their defense is not up to their normal standards.

GT- Not a pretty team, but is capable of competing with most of the conference. Getting the best PG play they've had under Gregory.

L'ville - Probably the best team after Duke.

Miami - This team looks really strong and they are still getting players back. Best perimeter rotation in the conference.

UNC - Talented, but enigmatic. Their pieces are not fitting together well right now.

NCSU - pretty good team. Lacey and Barber are a strong backcourt and Anya is a load upfront.

ND - One of the better teams in the conference right now. The return of Grant has had a huge impact.

Pitt- Losing Durand Johnson was a significant blow. This team is not as good as I expected them to be

Syracuse - They have talent but it is young. They will have nights they look great and nights where they lose.

UVA - If L'ville isn't the second best team UVA is. Their defense is absolutely stifling and they have more athleticism than the past.

VT - Buzz has to rebuild. He will sneak a few wins (hope one isn't against us), but likely .500 team

Wake - Another rebuild job. Codi Miller McIntyre looks likes he has regressed and they really lack shooting. If you can take Thomas out of the game you beat them.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Having seen both Louisville and Puke play I think they are the class of the ACC. UVA is well behind them IMHO. Puke and Louisville this year is going to be amazing.
Possibly POY vs FOY in Harrell vs Okafor
Arguably the two best backcourts in the country vs each other.
The battle of the disappointments who are still quite good in Blackshear and Sulaimon.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Little late on the Monday games, but thought it would be interesting

Monday, December 1

Rutgers at Clemson / Clemson
Nebraska at Florida State / Nebraska

Tuesday, December 2
Pittsburgh at Indiana / Pittsburgh
Minnesota at Wake Forest / Minnesota
Syracuse at Michigan / Michigan
Illinois at Miami / Miami
NC State at Purdue / NCSU
Ohio State at Louisville / Louisville

Wednesday, December 3

Michigan St. at Notre Dame / Notre Dame
Virginia Tech at Penn State / PSU
Iowa at North Carolina / UNC
Georgia Tech at Northwestern / GT
Virginia at Maryland / UVA
Duke at Wisconsin / Wiscy

9 out of 14, not too bad. I beat @Peacone36 ;)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I was in Durham this week and went to a bar Wednesday night with a Badger grad. Fun time. Had the Duke/Wisconsin game on every TV and one tuned to GT/Northwestern for the out-of-place fan wearing a GT basketball t-shirt i.e., me.

Thought Duke pretty thoroughly dominated Wisconsin throughout, and it didn't seem that difficult. Both were well coached; the difference seemed to be largely Duke's athleticism. Impressive win at the Kohl center.

Saw the end of the UNC game - I continue to be mostly unimpressed with Roy Williams. Good recruiter, nice guy, and maybe one of the easiest guys to outcoach.

I didn't get to see many other games aside from ours and 'Cuse. I came down from the ledge on Syracuse not even making the NIT, though I still think that's a possibility.