ACC/BIG 10

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Don’t bet against Izzo in March. His teams frequently start slow and finish strong

ETA: think you can say Boeheim will have trouble dancing this year. Yeesh, they struggle to score

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
College basketball is not important in November and early December. I'd prefer if they started playing in mid-December.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
As Gabe Brown and Marcus Bingham continue to develop the Spartans will be fine. Also, there is potential (though I think he is done at MSU) that Josh Langford could return next month.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
To me the message from the challenge so far is that the top of the ACC is strong but the middle and certainly the lower part of the ACC isn't as strong as normal. Seems to confirm a point that has been made for a while.

FWIW I would treat UNC like the MSU discussion. They have a lot to work on both offense and defense - especially defense. And I expect they will be a much tougher team come March - probably not final 4 but still a tough out.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Only 1 game in the challenge was decided by fewer than 11 points. That was Miami/Illinois, which was effectively a blowout by both teams, just in different halves.